Sometimes you may need to delete an iCloud account associated with an iPhone or iPad maybe you have multiple iCloud accounts that are not recommended and this is generally for situations where you need to swap in a different account or create a new iCloud login for some reason or just change to another existing iCloud account which is a better suited for a device. As iOS makes this process easy, you can delete the iCloud account effortlessly.
- 1 Ways to Delete an iCloud account on iPhone or iPad
- 1.1 Remove iCloud account without password on iPhone
- 1.2 Disable an iCloud on Mac
- 1.3 Switching to a Different iCloud Account in iOS
Ways to Delete an iCloud account on iPhone or iPad
If you want to delete the iCloud account without reason, it can cause a various complications and errors that range from improper or missing iMessage delivery, loss of data syncing, inability to retrieve apps which are associated with an Apple ID and App Store account, the removal of expected iCloud backups, and even loss of files and iCloud data. If a single user having one iCloud and Apple ID, do not change your iCloud ID. Or remove your iCloud account from an iPhone or iPad without any particular reason.
It is necessary to have backed up the iPhone without a password before deleting the iCloud account so that the data will not be lost. Follow the below steps to delete an iCloud account on iPhone or iPad:
You need to tap on the Settings app and then scroll down to find iCloud.
Tap on iCloud to open it.
Scroll down to find Delete Account and then tap on that option.
Then tap on Delete again to confirm the deletion of the iCloud account.
Therefore, from these steps, you can effectively remove your iCloud account from your iPhone or iPad. When you delete your iCloud account, there will be a blank iCloud account and you can choose to create a new Apple ID or change to another iCloud account but it is necessary to back up your iPhone before deleting your iCloud account.
Remove iCloud account without password on iPhone
iCloud account is the best way for Apple users to sync their phone data. You can remove your iCloud account because of some personal reasons. But if you forgot the password of your iCloud account then follow the below steps to delete iCloud account on iPhone or iPad without password:
- You need to go to the Settings app and find iCloud.
- Then tap on it to open and if prompted for a password, you may enter any random number and then Tap on Done.
- Then iCloud will tell you that the username and password you entered is incorrect. You need to click on OK and then Cancel to go back to the main iCloud page.
- You need to tap on Account again but this time, remove the description and then tap on Done.
- Then you will be taken back to the main iCloud page without having to enter your password.
- You will see that the Find my Phone feature has been turned off automatically.
- Then scroll down and tap on Delete. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion which you can do by tapping on Delete again.
Disable an iCloud on Mac
Follow the below steps to disable iCloud on the Mac:
- You need to click on the Apple Icon and then System Preferences from the Context menu.
- Then click on mail, contacts, and calendars in the System Preferences window to start to disable iCloud on Mac.
- You need to choose iCloud from the left pane of the resultant window for the processing of disabling iCloud on Mac.
- Then check the box next to the App you want to disable or enable in the pane on the right to complete the process of disabling iCloud on Mac.
Switching to a Different iCloud Account in iOS
This process effectively enables you to change between iCloud accounts on any iOS device. It is not a recommended process without knowing why you want to switch to a different iCloud accounts as it can lead to several problems. Follow the below steps to remove the existing iCloud account from the iOS device.
- You need to enter the new or different iCloud Account credentials and log in as usual by tapping Sign In.
- Then choose the iCloud settings to use with the new account ID.
It is important that you should back up your device before deleting an iCloud account from an iPhone or iPad. You can choose to back up your whole device with iTunes but this method is not flexible as it does not enable you to preview and selectively backup iPhone files.