Apple TV is one of the best media streaming boxes. But sometimes there are glitches faced in Apple TV. Some users notify that Apple TV has become stuck and does not respond. This article guides you to fix this issue so that you can turn on your Apple TV without any hassle. There are a few basic things that you have to check before performing certain methods for fixing the issue of Apple TV not turn on. You need to check the following:
- You need to look at the HDMI cable. Most of the time, the HDMI cable causes problems rather than the power cable. It is better to switch the HDMI cable and use the different HDMI cable.
- You ensure that you must check the input on the TV. It is essential that the Apple TV is on the right option.
- It is important to check if Apple TV plugged in. You need to disconnect it and then connect it again after 30 seconds.
Best methods to fix Apple TV not turn on or does not respond
Restart your Apple TV:
If you simply reset your Apple TV from time to time, it may fix all of the issues including Apple TV not turn on. You can conduct this method through the Settings panel on your ATV or with the included Remote.
- Follow the given below steps to restart your Apple TV with the setting panel:
- You need to open the Settings app. Then click on the System and then Restart the Apple TV 4K or ATV (4th Generation)
- You need to open the Settings. Then click on General and then Restart the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation)
- If you nothing displays on your AppleTV, you can follow the given below steps to restart your Apple TV from the included remote:
- You need to hold down the Home and Menu buttons of the Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote. Then restart your Apple TV if the light starts flashing on your Apple TV.
- You need to hold down the Menu and Down buttons of the aluminum or white Apple Remote. Then restart your Apple TV if the light starts flashing on your Apple TV.Read more: How to Quickly find Apple TV aerial screensaver locations
Switch to another Display Mode
Follow the given below steps to switch your Apple TV to another display mode:
- You need to hold the menu and volume down button for 5 seconds on the Apple TV 4K or ATV (4th Generation) and then release them. This makes your Apple TV to cycle through the different resolutions. When the proper resolution appears, you need to choose OK to select the resolution or Cancel to quit.
You need to press and hold the menu buttons for 5 seconds on the Apple TV (2nd or 3rd Generation). This makes your Apple TV to cycle through the different resolutions. When the proper resolution appears, you need to choose OK to select the resolution or Cancel to quit.
If the Light Is Flashing, Turn on Apple TV
If the status indicator light of your Apple TV continues flashing for more than a minute, your Apple TV may have a software issue. It is essential that you restore the software through iTunes using your Mac or PC. This software restore method deletes all saved data on your Apple TV. Follow the given below steps to restore your Apple TV software from iTunes:
- You need to disconnect the power cord and HDMI cable from the back of your Apple TV.
- Then open the latest version of iTunes from your Mac or PC.
- Then you need to plug your computer to your Apple TV with the right cable through the right port. You can use a Micro-USB cable in older generation Apple TVs. You can use a USB-C cable in the 4th generation of Apple TVs.
- Then go to the iTunes software. Apple TV icon appears at the top-left corner, you need to select it.
- You need to choose the Restore Apple TV option to begin the recovery process.
- When the process completes, unplug your Apple TV from your computer and connect it back to the power outlet to turn on your Apple TV.
If Light Is Steady, Turn on Apple TV
If the status indicator light of your Apple TV is stable, the issue may with your television itself. Follow the given below methods to get your Apple TV appropriately communicating with your television once again:
- You need to make sure that your television is on the proper HDMI input for the Apple TV. You can look at the back of your television to check which ports your Apple TV connects into at the moment.
- Disconnect your HDMI cable from both your Apple TV and television. Then connect both ends back in again. This refreshes the signal.
- Disconnect the Apple TV from its power source and plug it again. This reboots the Apple TV.
- You can also use a different HDMI cable because the current HDMI cable that you use may be faulty and causes the problem.
If Light Is Off, Turn on Apple TV
It is essential that you should check that your Apple TV plugged into the wall and the socket is correctly receiving power. If the Apple TV still does not turn on, you need to use a different Apple TV power cord.
Having Problems with the Siri Remote
Most people facing problems with the new Siri Remote such as its speed and navigation. If the trackpad is subtle for you, you can adjust the trackpad by following the given below steps:
- You need to open the Settings.
- Then go to Remotes and then devices.
- Then click Touch Surface Tracking where you can choose your preferred speed. There are three speed options such as slow, medium and fast. You can select these options accordingly.
- You can also perform a factory reset through a USB cable if your Siri Remote does not connect to your Apple TV. You need to plug the remote to iTunes and you can perform the Factory Reset from the software.
- You need to check if your remote loads with batteries and there should not any objects in between the remote and your Apple TV.
You can easily fix the issue of Apple TV not turn on or does not respond from the above-mentioned methods. However, there may not be much troubleshooting that you can conduct at home for your Apple TV. If after trying the above-mentioned methods your Apple TV still does not turn on, you can either contact at the support number of Apple or bring your Apple TV to a local Apple Store for repair.