Web browser is a tool that does many things online such as social networking, file sharing, information search and many more. Every web browser has its own distinctive features in order to help the user to perform several tasks. User can select the web browser according to his or her particular needs.
Best web browser for Mac: Safari, Chrome, Firefox
Safari is the built-in app and the default browser on Mac and iOS devices so Mac users can use this as a web browser for performing tasks. Safari is the best browser and it may be the best Internet browser for Mac for many users. But there are other best web browsers for Mac that you can download and install on your computer.
Here is some best web browser for Mac:
- Safari: Safari is the default browser on Mac. There are add-ons, bookmark sync between Macs and iOS devices and a wide range of other great features. The main features of Safari are:
- It offers the best browsing experience because Safari loads HTML twice as fast, and four times as fast for Microsoft’s Internet Explorer.
- Moreover, Safari includes speculative loading which loads documents, scripts and style information ahead of time and a smart address field, which auto completes.
- Chrome: Chrome browser for Mac was developed by Google and this browser uses the Blink engine as it is written in C++ and the majority of its source code is available through the open-source project Chromium. Chrome is the best Internet browser for Mac because it works great on a PC as well. The main features of Chrome are:
- It is a fast, user-friendly browser and you can also customize your browser with chrome.
- Many developers like to use only chrome because it provides many options.
- Chrome has instant search capabilities, permits the synchronization of bookmarks, settings, and history across all devices through a Google Account and also has unparalleled security features.
- The security of chrome is based on the Sandbox model which isolates the processes and prevents the browser from interacting with certain operating system functions.
- It provides the choice to the users to use the Privacy Mode which forbids the browser from permanently storing browsing history or cookies. Password storage is secure in chrome and you can keep your payment details in Chrome.
- Firefox: Firefox web browser for Mac is a free and open-source app developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Versions for Windows, OS X, Linux, Android, and iOS. The main features of Firefox are:
- It has tabbed browsing, spell checking, incremental find, live bookmarking, Smart Bookmarks, a download manager, private browsing, and geolocation.
- It is offered in 79 languages and uses an integrated search system.
- Firefox is one of the best browsers for Mac by many Mac users. The capacity to add extra features developed by third parties and its inherent safety.
- Firefox offers a development environment with some built-in tools such as Error Console, and DOM Integrator.
- Opera: The Opera browser for Mac is a freeware developed by Opera Software and it is available in 42 languages and it has versions for Windows, OS X, and Linux. The Opera browser uses Blink as a layout engine. Opera’s most important features:
- It includes pop-up blocking, private browsing, tabbed browsing, a bookmarks bar, and a download manager.
- It also has speed dials that allow the user to download pages and show them in thumbnail form.
- The users of Opera can also opt to work in turbo mode which compresses web pages before sending them and as a consequence, reducing waiting time. Moreover, this browser checks websites against a list of sites known for phishing and malware.
- Vivaldi: The two main focuses of Vivaldi are privacy and customization. This web browser is similar to Google Chrome as it uses the Chromium engine. The main features of Vivaldi are :
- It provides the benefit of having a built-in Adobe Flash plugin and you can even use plugins of Chrome.
- When you set up a password on your Mac, you can sync your mac-OS. Everything is protected by end-to-end encryption that not even Vivaldi can see.
- Vivaldi has a sidebar that contains several options such as downloads, bookmarks, history, plus a few innovative options.
All of the above-mentioned browsers are the best. It is according to everyone’s preference and suitability of using any web browser for Mac.