Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms with billions of users worldwide. There may not a single iPhone user that does not have the Facebook app installed on their iPhone. Sometimes the app shows certain issues such as app crashing, loading problems, and many more.
How to Fix Facebook Not Loading on iPhone
Most users have experienced the slow loading of Facebook at some point or the other. There are a few workable solutions to fix this issue of the social networking app. The problems that are isolated to an app are easier to resolve than those that affect several apps and features. So, here are some effective solutions to fix the issue of Facebook not loading on iPhone:
Quit and Relaunch the App
The first solution that you can try is to swipe up the Facebook app from the Apps Preview to close it. You need to again open the app on your iPhone. Generally, closing the app completely and relaunch it again works and the app works perfectly. You need to quit the app from running in the background to fix this problem with the following steps:
- On the Home screen, swipe your finger upward and then pause in the middle.
- Then swipe either left or right and look for the Facebook app.
- When you find the app, swipe it up to close it.
- When you close the Facebook, You need to go back to the Home screen and retry loading Facebook to see if it’s working now.
Check Facebook Update
Sometimes apps stop working because apps need to be updated. You need to ensure that you have an up-to-date version of the Facebook app on your iPhone. When the Facebook app is updated successfully, then open the app again and check whether the app is working or not. Apps also need updates to keep them optimized and stable. Built-in iOS apps basically receive updates from every iOS version released by Apple periodically.
Third-party or downloaded apps receive separate updates from their respective developers. App updates can be installed automatically or manually. If you have not set your Facebook app to auto-install updates, then you may have missed on install the update. When manual app update installation is necessary, follow the below steps:
- You need to open the App Store.
- Then scroll down to the bottom section from the App Store main screen.
- Then tap on the Updates tab to open a new screen. It contains a list of apps with pending updates.
- Then find Facebook on that list. Then tap the Update button next to it to trigger update installation.
- If multiple updates are available, you can tap the Update All button.
- Then all apps updates simultaneously.
- After updating your apps, especially Facebook, restart your iPhone. You need to check that all new app changes are properly implemented.
- Then retry loading the Facebook app to see if it is now able to load and work properly.
You can also fix this issue by deleting the app from your iPhone. You need to again install the app from the App Store. This is a simple and easy method that solves issues related to the app. The reinstalling an application on the iPhone is also a way of clearing the app’s cache and temporary data. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to scroll and find the Facebook app icon from your Home screen.
- When you find it, touch and hold on the icon for a few seconds until the icons wiggle.
- You need to tap on the X at the top-left side of the Facebook app.
- Then tap Delete twice to confirm that you want to delete the Facebook app from your iPhone.
- Then tap on an empty spot of the screen to stop the app icons from wiggling and return to their normal state.
- Then restart your iPhone to refresh its memory.
- When it boots up, you need to go to the App Store. Then download and install the Facebook app on your iPhone again.
- It is necessary to select the latest version of the app for your device.
Clear Website and History Data
If you access the Facebook either through Safari or Chrome browser, then you must clear website and History data. The cache which is not removed from the browser for a long duration creates many issues when accessing the websites. To fix Facebook not loading on the iPhone problem, follow the given below steps:
- In Safari: You need to go to Settings then Safari and then Clear History and Website Data.
- In Chrome: You need to tap on the menu button then Settings then Privacy then Clear Browsing Data.
Restart your iPhone
It is another one of the best solution that you can try. If the problem of the Facebook app for iPhone not working is due to the software problem, then restarting an iPhone can solve this problem. Follow the given below steps to restart the iPhone for every model.
- For iPhone 6/6s and earlier models: You need to press and hold the Home and Power buttons and then release the buttons until the Apple logo shows up.
- For iPhone 7/7 Plus: You need to press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons and then release the buttons until the Apple logo shows up.
- For iPhone 8 (Plus)/X/XS (Max)/XR: You need to press and release the Volume Up button. Then press and release the Volume Down button then press and hold the Side button and then release the button until the Apple logo shows up.
Update Your iOS Version
Software update provides new features and also solve many software issues that are persisting in the older version. Follow the given below steps to check the next software update:
- You need to open the settings app.
- Then go to the General and then go to the Software Update menu.
- Then install the next update to fix the issue of the Facebook app not loading on the iPhone.
Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
You can also try this method of resetting your iPhone. This method deletes all your iPhone data. You must back up your iPhone with either iTunes or iCloud before processing this method. Follow the given below steps to reset iPhone to Factory Settings:
- You need to open the Settings app and then go to the General option.
- Then tap on the Reset and then click on the Erase All Content and Settings.
- If your device is protected with a passcode, then enter the passcode to confirm the reset settings.
Report a problem to Facebook
Follow the given below steps to report a problem from the iOS app:
- You need to open the Facebook app and go to the More tab.
- Then tap on the Help and Support button.
- You need to tap on the Report a Problem button from the pop-up menu.
- Then tap on the Something Isn’t Working button.
- You need to choose what isn’t working for you and then give Facebook an explanation of what’s going wrong so they can better assist you.
All the above-mentioned methods solve Facebook not loading on the iPhone issue. You can use any of the above-mentioned methods. All methods are very easy and you just need to follow the steps properly.