Google Play Music Vs YouTube Music: Google Play Music and YouTube music are both streaming services by Google. If you have been using various services of Google on your mobile application, you would love its music application too. No matter which operating system you use, Google’s app remains most loved among users due to its simplicity and fully loaded features.
Now people are often confused about the difference between Google play music and YouTube music. In this article, you will know all about google’s music streaming Application and their significance difference.
- 1 Know About Google Play Music and YouTube Music
- 1.1 Google Play Music
- 1.2 Youtube Music
- 1.3 Why choose Premium Plans?
- 1.4 Google Play Music Subscription
- 1.5 Family Subscription
- 1.6 Google Play Music Family subscription
- 1.7 YouTube Music Family Plan
- 1.8 Google Play Music Closing down?
- 1.9 Subscription Music
- 1.10 Uploaded Music
- 1.11 Conclusion
Know About Google Play Music and YouTube Music
Google play music got launched in the year 2011, and YouTube Red in the year 2015, which is now known as YouTube Music. Last year in May 2018, YouTube launched the revamped version of youTube music which included thousands of playlists.
Google Play Music
The first music streaming service launched by google was Google play music was first launched in the year 2011. Like all the other applications, Google’s music app was also a big hit. Google’s two music streaming services, Google Play Music, and youTube music together have 15 million users across the globe.
Read More: YouTube Music vs Spotify
Google Play Music has a huge collection of songs; probably every song you search would be available. Also, it allows users to upload their songs online in the cloud storage, and you can upload up to 50,000 songs and can stream it anywhere at any location. Google play music is compatible with all kinds of OS.
Start your radio stations and make playlist according to your song taste. You can create stations based on songs, artists, or albums, or browse by genre, mood, activity, decade whatever you like. Google play music is compatible with all kinds of devices and works perfectly on many kinds of operating systems.
You can enjoy the radio station that too personalized. Whatever your mood is fun, romance, thrill there is every kind of song to cheer you up. Google play music tracks your activist and curates the list of your favorite songs, your taste of music and station can make radio stations popular. This feature is available for both paid as well as free users.
YouTube google second music streaming music, which was launched in the year 2015. It is the most used platform for streaming videos all over the world, and it also contains a massive song catalog from professional to amateur.
YouTube music uses it’s vast catalog to play song albums, music videos, and also live performances. It provides you recommendations based on many things such as your viewed songs from youTube, based on your location and mood, your favorite artists, and more.
YouTube music has a smart search feature with which you can search for songs based on lyrics, phrases, and also using some identifiers like stars, heart, love, titanic. You can switch between video music and audio music by toggling a button that’s super easy.
One of the best things about youTube music is that it lets you discover music and also keep track of an old track you streamed on youTube. It cherishes the old memory and surprises you every time. It isn’t over yet, and YouTube music has a data saver feature which enables the app to work according to the data availability mobile data or wifi.
Why does google have two different music streaming services? / What is the difference between these two apps?
The major question we all have had is why there are two music streaming services for Google. Though both the applications are for music streaming, they have few major differences. Google play music was launched earlier, and YouTube music is the latest edition. Here are some major differences in the application.
YouTube Music is where you can have access to all kinds of music content video as well as audio. Google Play, on the other hand, will show you audio content.
Google play music interface is like the older Google Apps, and it stills the same with white background and card like buttons. YouTube Music Interface matches the theme of YouTube with a dark more black background and different song buttons.
Google Play Music has been from many years, so users are used to and it’s reliable, while YouTube is the newbie, and it lacks a few developments.
YouTube Music is centered to YouTube, so you will see all YouTube music content here. A Few contents found here it is not available elsewhere you can stream custom playlists, remixes, covers and also official music videos. Google Play Music features building of a library of songs which are not so popular or specific tracks. You can find a playlist created by users and not something available from google. At Google Play song, you can upload songs and stream it elsewhere.
Why choose Premium Plans?
Now, these streaming services include a paid version also, with which you can unlock great features. Wondering why you should pay a premium version for these music apps then read below. Here are all the things you should know before purchasing a premium version such as which features it includes, how many plans are available, and much more.
Using a free version of YouTube Music can quite irritating, especially if you are using an Android phone. Advertisement keeps popping at every three to six songs, you can not skip it neither you can leave the now playing screen, it completely spoils the mood especially if you have connected your app to a Bluetooth device.
Imagine a house party where you have connected YouTube Music application to your home theater and hearing advertisement after a few songs that too on a continuous basis.
There are two kinds of Premium versions that YouTube provides for its users YouTube Music Premium and YouTube Premium (Previously known as YouTube Red). The pricing of these subscriptions are undoubtedly confusing, so here we are to help you.
A lot has changed with the premium plans, and newer plans diversified according to different benefits.
Note: The plans vary with a different country; the prices mentioned here are the standard rates for most countries or close to that.
- Youtube music plan starts with $9.99/monthly with which you can get rid of unwanted ads popping up in the middle of your songs. This plan also enables background playback features. You can use audio-only mode, and you can also cast YouTube music with Chrome cast audio devices such as Google Home.
- For YouTube Premium, the plan will cost $11.99 as like YouTube Music you will get advertisement free experience. You can enable background or offline playback in all google’s streaming services like YouTube, YouTube Music, YouTube Kids, YouTube Gaming, YouTube VR as well as Google Play Music. You will also be able to access Youtube originals.
Google Play Music Subscription
The Google play Subscription for an individual will cost you $9.99 per month. The premium of google play brings you unlimited access to millions of songs with no interrupting ads.
- You can create and share your favorite Playlist with a maximum of 1000 songs.
- Search from a lot of song categories like chartbuster, new release, retro and much more.
- Find new songs based on the recommendations of your listening habits, and skip songs as often as you like.
- You can download albums and playlists to your mobile phones and play them offline without requiring internet connection. Make sure you connect your Google play music once in 30 days otherwise you won’t be able to play your downloaded music.
- If digital music is your thing, and you want to Google Play has exclusive songs and albums library. Here you can purchase a single track without buying a subscription
- One of the coolest features of Google Play, which got everyone’s attention is that it lets you upload existing music collection to the Google server. You can then play the uploaded music wherever you go or whenever you wish.
- You can upload a maximum of 50,000 songs either by using the Manager app or by Google Play Music extension on any browser.
Here is the great news for Google Play subscribers. Subscribers can also use YouTube Music Premium without paying any extra charge (only in available countries). You just have to make sure that you login with the same account as Google Play music.
You can enjoy Google’s music streaming application with your whole family with nominal rates through a family. Know more about the family subscription of Google play music, and YouTube music continue to read below.
Before you buy a subscription, here are a few things you should consider according to Google’s support document:
- The person purchasing should be at least 18 years older (20 in Japan). The rest of the family members should be above 13 years of age.
- The person who is purchasing the plan should have a valid credit card.
- To purchase the family plan, you should be living in a country where these application work (mentioned below)
- Family participants must live in the same country as the Family Manager
- The members of the family group should not be a member of any other family plan.
Google Play Music Family subscription
Google Play Music family subscription will cost you 14.99$ per month. With the family plan, you can share your subscription with five members of your family and can stream it on up to 10 devices.
If your whole family wants in on the music-streaming life, you can save yourself some money by signing up for a Google Play Music family plan. With everyone able to stream from the Google Play Music library at the same time.
Family members must all live in the same country and have their own Google Account. If one of your family members is under 13, you’ll need to create a Google Account for them.
YouTube Music Family Plan
You can purchase a family pack of YouTube Music if you want to share the subscription with your family and friends. You can share your family pack with five members. The plan comes with a cost of $14.99 per month.
Countries in which you can use YouTube Music and Google Play Music
- Argentina, Australia, Austria,
- Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria,
- Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic,
- Denmark, Dominican, Depublic,
- Ecuador, El Salvador,
- Finland, France,
- Germany, Guatemala,
- Honduras, Hungary,
- India, Ireland, Italy,
- North Macedonia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway,
- Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Portugal,
- Romania, Russia,
- South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
- Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay
Google Play Music
Google Play Music app is available in more than 60 countries. Below is the list of countries where you can use Google Play Music.
- Argentina, Australia, Austria,
- Belarus, Belgium, Bolivia, Bosnia, Brazil, Bulgaria,
- Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic,
- Denmark, Dominican Republic,
- Ecuador, Salvador, Estonia,
- Finland, France,
- Germany, Greece, Guatemala,
- Herzegovina, Honduras, Hungary,
- Iceland, India, Ireland, Italy,
- Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Mexico, Netherlands,
- New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway,
- Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal,
- Romania, Russia,
- Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland,
- Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, and Venezuela
Note: These countries are per our information available in the year 2019, it may change over time.
Google Play Music Closing down?
Google had stated that it would eventually replace Google Play Music with YouTube Music. There were a lot of buzzes created afterward. Though at present, Google is not shutting down, and the chances are that it will not close in the near future.
YouTube Music was lacked development and services aren’t ready yet. Google has not mentioned any kind of information as to when Google Play Music will shut down.
That means it’s safe for you to use Google Play Music, there is still so much to happen before it shuts down. When Google Play Music shuts down, all your content will be migrated to YouTube Music. Google Play Music has three types of content Subscription Music, Uploaded Music, and Purchased Music that will be managed differently during migration.
Your Google Play Music library, which contains your added songs will migrate with YouTube Music library. Here are a few things you should :
Song content on Google Play varies from the YouTube subscription content. Both remain under a different streaming agreement. If the song or artist or album information does not set between them, the version added to your library in YouTube Music might not be the same version you had in Google Play Music.
Yor uploaded a list of content will be migrated to YouTube Music as well as personal music upload function of 50,000 song limit. It’s not clear that hoe will upload, download and management will work with youtube and which mechanism will be used yet.
Though your purchased songs will be migrated on youTube Music, we are not sure about the working of this function. Purchasing song on YouTube will exist or not as YouTube Music only has the option of saving music offline as a download, which totally differs from purchasing a song.
That’s all Folks! We hope you found this article useful!
we curate information around phone technology and also bring solutions related to issues with the software, phone applications, and accessories.