Full-screen mode in Google Chrome is the ideal choice when you want a distraction-free browsing experience. With the elimination of the Omnibox (or address bar), navigation buttons, other opened tabs, taskbar, and extension dock, Chrome offers you a minimal browser screen with just the current page opened. It is an excellent choice if you are watching a video, reading an article, or just need a clean, minimal-looking screen.
- 1 How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen in Windows PC?
- 1.1 How to Disable Full-Screen Mode on Google Chrome?
- 1.2 How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen in MacOS?
- 1.3 How to Exit Full-Screen Mode in macOS?
- 1.4 How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen Mode on Android?
- 1.5 How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen Mode on iOS?
- 1.6 Conclusion: How to Activate Google Chrome Full Screen Mode
How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen in Windows PC?
Activating a full screen in Chrome is a 5-second task. No flags or extensions are required since the computer version provides a direct option.
- Fire up the Chrome browser.
- Open the page you want to view in full screen.
- Click on the three-dot ellipsis menu located in the top-right corner.
- Select the four-corner icon beside the “Zoom” mode to activate the full screen.
That’s it. Once you click on the empty square icon, the screen will automatically stretch and cover the entire screen. While it is an excellent way to ensure distraction-free browsing, it also curtails some actions, such as accessing the address bar. To make sure you don’t have to leave the screen so often, make sure you keep all necessary tabs pre-open. This way you can navigate between tabs using the keyboard shortcut: Alt + Tab.
How to Disable Full-Screen Mode on Google Chrome?
De-activating the full-screen mode is as easy as activating it. But since all the menu options are hidden now, you can use one of the following methods:
- If you are a computer user, you can press F11 to exit the full screen
- If you use a notebook or laptop where F11 is also assigned other tasks press fn + F11 to exit the full screen.
- In either case, you can also hover the cursor to the top-center until the cross (x) appears. Click on the “x” and full-screen will be disabled.
How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen in MacOS?
Google Chrome is an excellent option even to be used on a macOS computer. Not only does it sandbox Flash to keep the plugin from being overactive, but also offers tons of customization options. If you are a fervid Chrome user, you would want to use it in full-screen mode. It is cleaner and distraction-free.
To enter the full-screen mode, you can either click on the green button on the top-left corner of the screen or use the Chrome full-screen shortcut: Control + Command + F. Alternatively, you can also click on the menu bar, select “View”, and then choose “Enter Full Screen”. All three of these options are easy to implement and take no more time than a second.
How to Exit Full-Screen Mode in macOS?
Use the same keyboard shortcut to exit the full-screen mode which you used to enter it viz. Control + Command + F. Nothing gets easier than this!
How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen Mode on Android?
Google Chrome for Android offers a full-screen feature in its Site Settings. However, it comes with an address bar and you will need to scroll down if you want the bar to go out of sight. Every time you will scroll up, the address bar will reappear. If you are looking to remove the Omnibox completely and also the notification bar of the cell phone, you will need a third-party app. There are plenty of applications on Play Store that will help you activate the full-screen immersive mode in Google Chrome. Many of these apps do not require root and are safe to use. There is always a free mode, you can choose to pay.
How to Activate Google Chrome Full-Screen Mode on iOS?
Just like in Android, Google Chrome does not offer an immersive full-screen mode for its iOS users either. iPhone and iPad users rely on third-party apps to completely remove the address bar from the Chrome screen and notification bar of the phone screen. Whether to invest in any of those ways is optional, plenty of free apps are available in the store.
Conclusion: How to Activate Google Chrome Full Screen Mode
Full-screen is a cleaner and distraction-free way of browsing a page at a time on Google Chrome. Here in this article, we have provided all the ways in which you can enjoy the full-screen immersive mode of Google Chrome no matter which device you use. Whether you are looking for a way to activate Chrome full-screen mode on a Mac, Windows PC, iPad, iPhone, or Android device, we have mentioned a perfect solution and way to make it happen. None of the methods include mandatory payments or root.