Perhaps, there’s no specific reason behind changing the App Store Country or Region in iOS 9 on iPhone. However, sometimes, it is necessary to switch the Country or Region. For example, you have left the country and migrated to another one. This would require you to change the Apple ID since your current Apple ID could be associated with the old country.
Change App Store Country Region in iOS 9 on iPhone or iPad
Imagine that there is an app that you cannot wait to use but it has not yet been launched in your country. In this instance too you would need to change the App Store Country or region in order to install the app, which is not available in your country.
Whatever could be your definitive reason, switching iTunes and App Store country is certainly not that big a deal. In any case, you might need to deal with numerous factors before taking a hop. So, let us assist you in initiating the process.
What To Do Before You Decide To Change App Store Country Region
- Make sure you do not have iTunes Match Subscription on your iPhone or iPad
- In order to change the country or region, you need to cancel Apple Music Membership plans.
- Make sure you do not have any pending rentals; otherwise, you won’t be able to change the country or region
- To begin the process, you need to spend your credit balance.
- In some cases, if you have any incomplete store refunds, then you have to wait until they payout
- The billing address must match with the Store as it is necessary for you to keep the payment method ready while changing to a new country.
- Before changing the App store country, you should backup the device.
- When you change the country, it is possible that you will not find some of the apps. Since some apps are not globally available, don’t get surprised by this fact.
What Are The Outcomes When You Change Country Region
When you switch Country or Region in iOS 9 on iPhone or iPad, you will have the following changes:
- For all your Apple services, the billing and payment information will be updated, which are linked to your current Apple ID.
- That implies your current payment details, as well as billing address, will be replaced with the new one based on the country you select.
- However, if you make a new Apple ID for the country you choose, you still have the option to keep your existing payment and billing information.
- This will permit you to utilize both your current Apple ID with its related Country, Shipping Address, Payment Information, and your New Apple ID-related with an alternate Country, Address, and Payment Info.
How To Change iTunes & App Store Country/Region on iPhone
Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Step 1: Launch Settings App, and tap on your Apple ID name.
- Step2: Tap on iTunes & App Store from the Apple ID screen
- Step 3: Next, select your Apple ID from the next screen
- Step4: Tap on View Apple ID from the pop-up
- Step 5: Now, if asked, you need to sign-in to the iTunes and App Store. For this, you also need to provide your Apple ID password
- Step6: Now, tap on the Country/Region from the next screen.
- Step 7: Next, tap on the Change Country or Region.
- Step8: From the Country/Region window, you can select the country of your choice
- Step 9: Next, tap on Agree to confirm your selection.
- Step 10: In the next screen, you need to select the payment method. Here, you need to provide Billing Name, address and Phone Number.
- Step 11: Tap on Next
Note: You can also choose the ‘None’ option if you do not want to activate the payment method for any other country. Moreover, even if you provide your current phone number, you need to give a billing address as per the selection of the country. That implies the billing address must be from the country that you have changed to.
That is the means by which you can switch the region of the App Store on your iOS gadget. Like we have mentioned, you’ve to deal with a significant number of things before beginning it. If in any case, you don’t have a membership, family sharing, or any other such plans, then the process turns out to be really simple.