If your iPhone or iPad performing slower than usual then it may be because of full storage or there are various hidden files that may make it performing slow from running at optimum speed. When you use your iPhone or iPad, many small hidden files are created in your apps that contain data needed to run the apps and these are stored in a temporary area in the memory of your iPhone or iPad which is called the cache.
iPhone & iPad: How to clear cache
These files include memory hogs, junk files, and other unwanted or temporary cache files. It is a great way to delete the junk files and clear the cache and memory to give your iPhone or iPad a speed boost and get it running faster than ever. An iPhone or iPad contains many different kinds of cache such as App Store and Safari, so there are various methods that clear all types of cache. These methods are:
Delete the Safari cache
It is the most common cache to clear on your iPhone or iPad as Safari is the main web browser on iPhone or iPad devices that contains saved webpages, cookies, and images, among other files. Follow the below steps to clear the Safari cache:
- You need to open the Settings app and scroll down to the fifth option with Passwords and Accounts at the top.
- Then tap Safari at the bottom of this option.
- You need to scroll down again and tap Clear History and Website Data.
Clear app data
All iOS devices contain App Store pre-loaded and it also has a cache that influences how you use your iPhone or iPad and sometimes it can prevent you from updating apps if there is a problem. Follow the below steps to clear the App Store cache:
- You need to tap Settings then General and then iPhone Storage.
- Then arranged your apps that are at the bottom of the screen by the amount of storage they take up and tap an app that takes a lot of space.
- You need to check at the entry for Documents and Data because if it is using more than 500MB then it is necessary to delete and reinstall the app to clear the space.
- Then tap Delete App, confirm and then go to the App Store and re-download it and it will be a clean install without the data and documents.
Clear the memory by restarting your iPhone or iPad
It is a good way to clear the memory by restarting an iPhone or iPad occasionally but ensure that important apps have enough to run greatly. Follow the below steps to restart your iPhone:
- You need to hold down the power button at the top of the device until slide to power off appears.
- Then swipe the power off slider.
- You need to wait until the device has fully powered down then press and hold the power button to turn on the iPhone again.
- It is necessary to do this on a regular basis on an iPhone.
Third-Party App Cache
Deleting and reinstalling the apps may help if you have apps that do not have a clear cache button. To do this, follow the below steps:
- You need to identify the apps that are taking the most space on your device by going to Settings then General and then iPhone Storage.
- Then tap each app to learn more about it.
- On the app’s screen, you need to check the Documents & Data line to see how much space it uses.
- Then follow the normal steps to delete the app but this may delete all files created by the app and clear the cache.
This article will greatly help you to clear your iPhone’s browser cache and app cache. You must ensure that you should not do clearing cache on a regular basis. When you erase it, Safari and other apps will recreate cache as needed, so any storage savings you gain will eventually disappear.