Instagram is one of the popular social networks that enable users to share photos and videos using the app with ease. A lot of people want to share their photos and videos on this platform. But there are instances when you may want to quit the network and delete the Instagram account. Your profile, photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers are permanently removed when you delete the Instagram account. There is a difference between deleting and disabling your Instagram account.
Delete Instagram Account From iPhone
If you want to delete your Instagram account, it is actually quite easy to do. But if you delete your Instagram account, you permanently delete everything on the Instagram account. If you just want to take a break or see how it feels to delete Instagram, you also have the option to deactivate your Instagram. It is also known as temporarily disabling your Instagram account. When you deactivate your Instagram, you always have the option of re-activating your Instagram account in the future.
If you are certain that you want to permanently delete your account or delete a second Instagram account, this article helps you how to quit Instagram. Here is how to delete an Instagram account, or just temporarily disable Instagram through deactivation.
Delete Instagram Permanently
When you delete your Instagram account, everything connected with that account is permanently deleted. That includes your photos, followers, profile, comments, videos, likes, and many more. If you want to quit Instagram altogether or rather just start over from scratch, there is no reason not to delete your account. Maybe you delete the app a while back but all of your information is still hanging out somewhere on Instagram. It is probably a good idea to just go ahead and delete your account unless you plan to return to Instagram in the future.
Read more: How to Post YouTube Videos on Instagram
Delete Instagram account:
Deleting your Instagram account means that your profile, photos, videos, likes, comments, and any followers you have are also permanently deleted. Follow the given below steps to permanently delete Instagram:
- Firstly, you have to log in to your Instagram account. You cannot delete your account from the Instagram app. You need to log in to instagram.com from a web browser on your desktop or mobile device.
- Then go to Instagram’s Delete Your Account page. When you logged in, you need to go to the Delete Your Account page. Then select your reason for deleting your account from the Why are you deleting your account? Drop-down menu.
- Then enter your password and permanently delete Instagram. When you select an option, you are prompt to re-enter your password to confirm that you want to delete your Instagram account permanently.
- When you select a reason and enter your password, the option to permanently delete your account appears.
- You need to click permanently delete my account and your account along with your entire content and followers disable.
- When you deleted your account, you cannot sign up with that same username if you decide to create another Instagram account later on. Instagram also cannot reactivate deleted accounts.
Deactivate the Instagram account
If you want to take a break from social media but not done with Instagram for good. You can temporarily disable your account and reactivate it when you ready to join the Instagram community once again. Follow the given below steps to temporarily deactivate Instagram:
- For this, you have to log in to your Instagram account. You must log in to instagram.com from a mobile browser or computer. You cannot temporarily deactivate your account from the Instagram app.
- Then click Edit Profile and select Temporarily disable my account. You need to navigate to your profile screen and click Edit Profile on the top of the page. From there, you need to select Temporarily disable my account at the bottom of the screen.
- Then enter your password and deactivate Instagram. You need to select your reason for deactivating your account from the Why are you disabling your account? Drop-down menu.
- When you select an option, you are prompt to re-enter your password to confirm that you want to deactivate Instagram.
- When you select a reason and enter your password, the option to temporarily disable your account appears.
- Then click Temporarily Disable Account and your profile along with all of your content and followers hide until you reactivate it by logging back in. You need your password to both delete and disable your account.Read more: How to Create a Second Instagram (UPDATED FOR iOS 12)
Downloading your Instagram data
When you delete your Instagram account, all of your data also deleted. You cannot retrieve that data. Therefore, you may want to download your Instagram data before you delete your account, as you still have all the photos, videos, and many more that you posted over time. Follow the given below steps to download a copy of your Instagram data:
- You need to go to your Instagram profile and select Settings.
- Then click on the Privacy & Security tab and click Request Download.
- You need to enter the email address and your password where you like to receive a link to your Instagram data.
- Then you can receive an email with a link to your data within 48 hours titled Your Instagram Data. You need to click Download Data.
Reactivate the Instagram account
When you ready to join the Instagram community once again, you can reactivate your deactivated account. Follow the given below steps to reactivate the Instagram account:
- You need to log in to your Instagram account again.
- Then go to instagram.com and log in with your username and password to restore your disabled account.
Deactivate or Temporarily Disable Instagram option is perfect for people who need a break or going on vacation or taking a week off from social media to cleanse. The temporarily disabling your Instagram account enables you to hide your photos, profile, videos, likes, and comments from the Instagram world until you log back into your account. This is a great option for those who want a break from Instagram but not ready to commit the deleting their Instagram account completely. But still, you can easily delete Instagram account from your iPhone from the above-mentioned methods.