Most users can download, games, music, apps, and many more from the iOS App Store whether they are free or paid if it is compatible with the device.
Download Apps Larger Than 150mb Using Cellular on iPhone
Earlier you needed to use the Wi-Fi network if you want to download apps more than 150MB. But now you can download apps using cellular data with a maximum size of apps is 150 MB since iOS 12. In iOS 13, there is a change in cellular behavior and provides two ways if you download an app which is larger than 150MB:
- You get a popup that asks if you want to wait till you connect to Wi-Fi
- Then you may want to start the download instantly.
You can also disable this popup altogether with the new settings item there. And you can download over cellular data immediately even if the size of the app is larger. Nowadays, various telecommunication operators provide unlimited mobile data to users. This article guides you on how to download apps larger than 150mb using cellular on iPhone or iPad and without Wi-Fi on the iPhone. It is necessary that you must update your iPhone with the latest iOS 13. If you do not update, follow the given below steps to update:
- First of all, you have to open the Settings on your iPhone.
- Then scroll down and click on iTunes and App Store.
- And then click on App Downloads.
- Then three options appear:
- Always Allow: You can download all the apps automatically with your cellular data. It asks you for permission to download when roaming.
- Ask if over 150 MB: It notifies when there is a requirement of your permission to download apps larger than 150mb.
- Ask First: There is always a requirement of your permission to download apps irrespective of their size.
You can download an app larger than 150mb by choosing any of the above-mentioned options without a Wi-Fi network on your iOS device. But you can download apps up to 200 MB using cellular data on your iOS device if your device runs iOS 12.
Read more: Best Offline Music Player Apps for iPhone
In iOS 12, download apps larger than 150mb using cellular and without WiFion iPhone or iPad
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the App Store and then open the app that you want to download.
- Then click on the Get button.
- You need to confirm by using your passcode, Face ID, or Touch ID.
- Then there is a notification that says Connect to a Wi-Fi network to download the App.
- Then you need to click OK and then go to the Home screen.
- You can view the app icon on your home screen until you connect to Wi-Fi.
- Then you need to go to the Settings app and click on General.
- And then choose select Date and Time.
- Then turn off the switch next to Set Automatically.
- And then click the Date and then move it 1 or 2 days forward.
- Then you need to wait for a few minutes to get the download starts.
- Then complete the download process appropriately.
- When it completes, you need to go to the app and start using it as usual.
- When you downloaded the app, you need to again open the Settings.
- Then click on General then click on Date & Time and then turn on the switch next to Set Automatically.
You can manage your iPhone data with iTunes. You can sync your data to the iPhone when it does not support transfer from iPhone to the computer. But it can delete all your data from your device. If you do not want to use iTunes to sync your data, you can use a powerful alternative to iTunes which isAnyTrans for iOS. It assists you to better manage your iPhone data.
Here are some of the features of AnyTrans
- You can transfer your data between iPhone and computer/iTunes and between the iPhone and another iDevice.
- It provides supports to transfer photos, apps, videos, music, contacts, messages, ringtones, and many more.
- And it provides 100% security as it is a green software without viruses.
- It does not delete any data on your iPhone at the time of transferring the data.
- Then it supports you to have a backup and restore your iPhone content on the basis of the iTunes backup mode. But it does not delete the existing data at the time of the restore procedure.
You can easily download apps larger than 150mb using cellular on iPhone or iPad with the above-mentioned method.