iBooks enables users to read e-books on their own iOS devices or Mac within one-click to download from iBooks store or iTunes. It is widely accepted due to the convenience and features. You may have a library of iBooks and ebooks on your computer or on your iPhone or iPad. You can utilize iTunes and the iBooks app on a Mac to manage these books. But sometimes you want to transfer the iBooks for pc use. It is also necessary to export the books to a computer or Mac before you can load them on other platforms. Here are the methods to export your iBooks from iPhone or iPad to computer:
- 1 Export iBooks and ePub books from your iPhone or iPad to your computer
- 1.1 Export iBooks from iPad to PC with iTunes Sync
- 1.2 Export iBooks from iPad to PC with iTunes File Sharing
- 1.3 Transfer iBook to PC with AirDrop
- 1.4 Export iBooks from iPad to computer through Email
- 1.5 Alternative methods to transfer iBooks
Backup iBooks to PC or Mac with iTunes
This is the most common method to transfer iBooks to PC free. Follow the below steps to sync ePub, iBooks Author books, and PDF files to Windows PC or Mac using iTunes:
- You need to launch iTunes on the PC or Mac.
- Then connect your iOS devices through the USB cable.
- Then click File then Devices then Transfer Purchases.
- iTunes can only recognize and backup the books or audiobooks purchased from the iBooks Store.
Export iBooks and ePub books from your iPhone or iPad to your computer
You can export iBooks and epub ebooks from your iPhone or iPad to your computer without using iTunes. iMazing can export the books with just a few clicks. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to download and install iMazing.
- Then launch the app and connect your device to your Mac or PC.
- Then select your device in the iMazing’s sidebar and then select iBooks.
- You need to select one or more ebooks to export.
- Then click the Export button. iMazing displays a Save dialog asks you to select a folder for the books to be saved.
- You need to navigate to that folder and then click Choose.
- Then exports the ebooks.
- You can also drag ebooks from iMazing’siBooks section of your iDevice to the Finder or the Windows Explorer of your computer.
Export iBooks from iPad to PC with iTunes Sync
iTunes is one of the best methods to copy iBooks from iPad to PC. It is free and official. You do not need to install any other third-party iOS data transfer apps to carry out the transfer task of books from iPad to PC. Follow the given below steps with the iTunes Sync feature to transfer books from iPad to PC:
- You need to connect the iPad to the computer with a USB cable. Then iTunes starts automatically. If it’s not, you can manually start it on your computer.
- When you see your iPad icon on the iTunes window. Then click the File then Devices then Transfer Purchases from the iPad option.
- Then iTunes start to transfer iBooks from iPad to PC in iTunes library.
- In this way, you can only transfer purchased books from iPad to PC. Books you downloaded from other sources on the iPad may not include.
Export iBooks from iPad to PC with iTunes File Sharing
You can also use the iTunes File Sharing feature to transfer books from iPad to PC. You can transfer all books from iPad to PC through the iTunes File Sharing feature. Follow the given below steps to transfer books from iPad to PC through iTunes File Sharing:
- When you connect your iPad to the computer,iTunes displays the iPad icon. Then click the iPad icon.
- Then click the Apps tab on the Summary panel of the iPad
- You need to select an e-book reading app on the right panel under the File Sharing then Apps column.
- You need to choose iBooks to transfer iBooks from iPad to PC
- Then you see all the books inside iBooks.
- You can drag and drop the books you want to transfer from iPad to PC to your computer.
Transfer iBook to PC with AirDrop
If you have Mac with you, you can use AirDrop technology. This is introduced by Apple Inc. to help iOS users transfer files over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth without using emails or extra storage device. It allows you to send files from your computer to the iPhone and the other way around just by enabling the feature. The receivers have the right to refuse or accept files that send to them to protect the users and ensure privacy. Moreover, you can set the discovery mode of your device according to your needs. Follow the given below steps to transfer iBooks to PC without iTunes:
- Firstly, you need to set up your AirDrop on your phone so that it can discover by the other end.
- Then open Control Center then touch and hold the network settings options. You see AirDrop on the list then just select Contacts Only or Everyone.
- You need to go to Finder on your Mac. Then click on AirDrop. Drop-down Allow me to discover by and choose Contacts only or everyone.
- Then launch iBooks on your phone and navigate to All Books. From here, you need to open the file that you want to copy and hit the Share icon.
- Then click on your computer’s name from the available AirDrop connection and accept the file when your Mac notifies.
Export iBooks from iPad to computer through Email
You do not need any tool to transfer books from iPad to computer. Within iBooks, there is a share feature that allows you to share books from iPad books with others in various ways including email, message, and many more. You can use the mail share feature within iBooks to transfer books from iPad to computer. Follow the given below steps to export iBooks from iPad to computer through Email:
- You need to go to the iBooks app on your iPad and select the eBook you want to transfer.
- Then open the catalog page of the book.
- Then click the share icon on the catalog page.
- Then you see multiple options. You need to choose the Mail option.
- Then type your own email in the address bar and hit the Send button to start sending the ebook to your own email.
- You need to log in with the email account on your computer that you set in the last step to receive the mail.
- Then open the mail and then open the books. Then you can save the books on the computer.
Alternative methods to transfer iBooks
There are some other programs with the same functions as the above one. You can also use them to export iBooks iPhone iPad to computer and Mac:
Apowersoft Phone Manager:
Apowersoft is a comprehensive program to manage your iOS data with ease. You can export various data such as iBooks, music, contacts, videos, messages and more to your Mac and computer with ease. You can even restore, backup, organize and import different content between the two platforms. It provides two methods of enjoying your iBooks on your computer:
- Displaying them in full screen on the computer
- By transferring them to your Mac
AnyTrans is a great way to manage and organize the data content of your iPhone and iPad. You can export iBooks to PC and Mac directly and also transfer them to other iOS devices. It also supports other file types such as messages, bookmarks, and history, music, videos, notes contacts, apps, and many more stores on your device. It can handle two-way data transfer from iOS device to device and iOS to computer or Mac and iTunes.
You can transfer anything from iBooks to music, text messages, voicemails, contacts, reminders and calendar events, photos, notes and many more from iPhones or iPad to your PC or Mac. You can preview the selected iBooks which eliminates the export of unwanted items. You can export the books with one click or by easy drag and drop. You can also use the Auto Transfer feature to export everything store on your device to your desktop.
iBooks is the best app to get access to bestselling books of different genres. You can buy various books from different authors to read on your iPhone and iPad. But sometimes you want to transfer the iBooks for pc use. It is also necessary to export the books to a PC or Mac before you can load them on other platforms. You can export iBooks from iPhone iPad to the computer from the above-mentioned methods.
These methods are effective and efficient to move files on your devices. AirDrop can be used on computers running Mac OS while A power Manager and AnyTrans are for those looking for a good app on their Windows.