Mac’s Notes app is a great place to store notes, lists, tasks, URLs, and links that you do not want to bookmark, and other password-protected notes, and many more. iCloud Notes enables you to sync notes to other Macs and to/from your iPhone and iPad. Here is the way to export notes in MacOS X:
Export Notes in macOS as PDF
Apple enables you to export notes only as PDF. This method is very easy and simple. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to go to the Notes app and choose the note that you need to export.
- Then tap the File menu and choose Export as PDF.
- Then choose the preferred location and tap on Save.
- Now the notes converted into PDF format and saved them at the desired location.
- You can share these notes with your friends, students, and colleagues by using AirDrop, email or other preferred option.
How Do I Export all my notes on Mac?
If you want to Export a single note, follow the below-Given steps:
- You need to tap the thumbnail of the note that you want to export.
- Then tap on File and then tap on Export at the top of the screen of your Mac.
- Then tap PDF, Note.
- Then you need to choose a destination folder for storing the note.
If you want to Export Multiple notes, follow the below-given steps:
- You need to hold down your keyboard’s command key.
- Then tap the notes that you want to export and then choose them.
- Then release the command key.
- Then drag the notes to your desktop or another app.
- Then the selected notes exported in Note format.
With iCloud, Sync Notes From iPhone to Mac
You can utilize iCloud to sync photos, mail, contacts, calendars, reminders, notes, and other documents & data as long as you set up iCloud service on your iPhone and Mac. You can also restore your iPhone from iCloud backup in a wireless method on your device directly after iCloud backup. Follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Settings on your iPhone. Then click your name and then select iCloud.
- Then toggle on iCloud service for Notes under Apps using iCloud.
- Now, all the notes or any change in notes transferred to your iCloud.
- You need to sync to your Mac by sign in with the same iCloud account.
Read More: How to Download All Photos from iCloud to PC
Without iCloud, Sync Notes From iPhone to Mac
If you do not want to use iCloud service, there is another method to transfer notes from iPhone to Mac and that is AirDrop. It is necessary that you should use the pre-installed AirDrop to sync notes from iPhone to Mac. But you can transfer notes from iPhone to Mac one by one manually by AirDrop. If you want to copy the whole notes to Mac at one time, you can select the above method to transfer notes to Mac with iCloud. Follow the below-given steps to sync notes from iPhone to Mac without iCloud:
- Firstly you need to turn on AirDrop on iPhone and Mac.
- Then turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection on device. It is better if you remain these two devices nearer as they are easily discoverable with AirDrop.
- Then go to the Notes app on your iPhone and open the notes that you need to sync to iPhone.
- In the top right corner, you can view the Share button, click on it. Then click AirDrop and select your Mac device from the available list.
- Then you need to open your Mac and click Accept on the pop-up window to save notes on your Mac.
- When this process completes, you need to open the Notes app on your Mac to look for the synced files.
- If you have groups of notes that you want to transfer to Mac with AirDrop, you need to follow these steps again.
Retrieve Notes on Mac from Recently Deleted Folder
Your Notes are kept for 30 days after deletion by default. If you delete any of the notes, you need to check out these notes in the Recently Deleted folder. Follow the below-given steps to recover notes on Mac from recently deleted folder:
- You need to go to the sidebar then click on View and then click on Show Folders.
- Then search the Recently Deleted folder. Then look for the deleted notes and restore them to a specific folder.
Recover Disappeared Notes from iCloud
You can sync your notes among your Apple device possibly with the iCloud. You can easily recover your notes if you delete the notes on your Mac. Follow the below-given steps to retrieve disappeared notes from iCloud:
- When you discover the notes disappearing on your Mac, you need to disable the Internet access as quickly as you can. You can also open the Preferences, then click on iCloud and then uncheck the box next to Notes.
- Then you need to visit the com and Login with your Apple ID.
- Then select Notes and search the deleted notes and save them into a local file.
Retrieving Deleted Notes from the Recently Deleted folder
You can retrieve your notes files from within the Notes app itself if you want to recover them that you deleted in the last month or so. A note does not display in the Trash Bin once you delete a Note. The app remains a copy in its own version of the Trash Bin known as the Recently Deleted Folder. The files that you deleted are kept for at least 30 days at this location and then these notes files deleted permanently from the recently deleted folder. Follow the below-given steps to recover deleted notes from the recently deleted folder:
- You need to go to the Notes application.
- The tap on the Recently Deleted folder in the left menu panel and choose the Note to be recovered from the list in the right panel.
- Then select Edit from the menu bar at the top of the screen and tap on Undo Trash Not.
- You can also choose a folder in which you want to store the document by right-clicking on the Note.
This article guides you on exporting notes in Mac OS X. If you want to export a single note, multiple notes or batches of notes, you can easily export them with the above-mentioned methods.
How to Back up your iOS 7 Device Via iTunes and iCloud
How to set and use live wallpaper on iPhone 8
How to install iOS 11.4 Beta 1 version without the help of Developer Account?
How to fix Dim Screen of your iPhone 6?