It is one of the common problems that the iPhone not turning on as you press the Power button on your iPhone, and nothing happens, and the screen remains black and does not respond or only shows the Apple logo and then turns off. Generally, there can be any hardware or software issues related to your device. If your phone has been physically damaged or has been dropped in water, then it might have a hardware-related issue and there can also be a problem with its charger or the lightning cable.
The issue that the iPhone won’t turn on is basically caused by either a battery which is down, or a system glitch, or corrupted firmware but all the problems can be resolved very easily. You can fix an Apple iPhone 7 that won’t turn on from the below ways:
- Charge the battery:
Charge the battery is the simplest and the most obvious one as if your iPhone does not turn on, you can try to charge its battery.
- You need to plug your iPhone into your PC, laptop or wall charger.
- Then wait for at least 15 minutes and let your iPhone charge until it turns on or until it’s fully charged.
- When your device runs on a low battery, it displays a prompt then you can simply connect it to a charger to ensure that the phone won’t turn off.
- You need to ensure that you are using an authentic and working cable and should check all the sockets and the adapter as well.Read More: How to Power Off, Power On & Hard Reset the iPhone X
Hard Reset your iPhone:
A hard reset forces your iPhone to turn off instantly and turn back on immediately. A hard reset is a temporary solution to a software problem as it just forces your iPhone to start from scratch. Follow the below steps to hard reset your iPhone:
- You need to press, hold the Power button.
- While still pressing the Power button, hold the Volume Down button.
- You need to keep pressing both the buttons at the same time for another 10 seconds.
- Then release them when the Apple logo will appear on the screen.
Check out your charging cable:
If the battery does not charge, you need to unplug your device and look at the connector at the bottom of your device. You need to check out the power outlet as it may not be working, or you can try another USB cable, USB power adapter, or USB port. It is beneficial to use only certified lightning cables and chargers.
Restore your iOS 12.3 iPhone with iTunes:
You can restore your device with the help of iTunes as this will fix the problem of the iPhone won’t turning on as well but by doing this, all the existing data on your device will be deleted, so it is important that you should take the backup of all your data. Follow the below steps to restore your iOS 12.3 iPhone with iTunes:
- You need to connect your iPhone to your system and launch an updated version of iTunes to restore your iPhone.
- Then select your iPhone from the devices icon and go to its Summary tab.
- Then click on the Restore iPhone button.
- You need to confirm and wait for a while as iTunes will restore your device.Read More: How to Know If Your iPhone Is Unlocked, Plus What That Means?
Restore iOS 12.3 iPhone to factory settings in DFU mode:
You can reset your phone to factory settings by putting your device in the DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode and this can be done by using iTunes. This method will also update your device to a stable iOS 12.3 version and all the existing data on your device will be deleted, so it is important that you should take the back up of all your data.
Before that, you need to understand how to put your iPhone into DFU mode:
- You need to hold the Power button and the Volume Down button at the same time.
- Then keep pressing both the buttons for the next 8 seconds.
- While still holding the Volume Down button, release the Power button.
- Once your phone enters the DFU mode, let go of the Volume Down button.
Now follow the below steps:
- You need to launch an updated version of iTunes on your system and connect your phone to it.
- You can put your phone in the DFU mode by using the right key combinations,
- Then iTunes will detect an issue with your device and display the following prompt.
- You need to confirm your choice and choose to restore your device.
You will be able to fix the problem that the iPhone won’t turn on by following the above-mentioned method. But if there is a hardware problem with your phone or these methods are not able to fix your device then you can visit an Apple service center.
Read More :