AirPods are Apple’s wireless earphones designed to work with Apple hardware, Mac, iPhones, and iPads. You can utilize Bluetooth to plug AirPods to a PC. You can connect Apple AirPods to any PC, laptops and Windows devices if there is Bluetooth connectivity feature. When you connect AirPods to Windows devices, you can listen to audio, input audio through their built-in mic. It also enables you to control audio volume or pause sound through tab controls. AirPods are compatible with many devices including Android tablets and smartphones that support Bluetooth.
- 1 Pair AirPods with Android, Windows, or other devices
- 1.1 Connect AirPods to Windows 10 PC
- 1.2 Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPods Sync Problems
- 1.3 There is no sound even if AirPods are connected
Pair AirPods with Android, Windows, or other devices
Follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly you need to open the AirPods charging case.
- Then press and hold the pairing button placed on the back of the case.
- Then open the Bluetooth settings.
- Then you need to select AirPods from the list.
- Then confirm the pairing process.
Connect AirPods to Windows 10 PC
The process of connecting AirPods is similar to connecting any other Bluetooth headphones to a Windows computer. Follow the below-given steps to connect AirPods to Windows 10 Computers:
- You need to choose the notifications icon in the bottom-right corner of the Windows taskbar to open the Windows Action Center.
- Then choose All settings in the Windows Action Center.
- Then you need to ensure that Bluetooth is enabled and you can view the Bluetooth tile. If there is no Bluetooth tile, you can choose the tile to turn it on.
- Then choose Devices in the Windows Settings.
- Then choose the Bluetooth & other devices tab on the left side. Then choose Add Bluetooth or other devices.
- Then you need to choose Bluetooth in the Add a device window.
- You can view Apple AirPods on the list as AirPods. Then you need to choose AirPods to start the pairing process.
- If your AirPods do not display, you need to open the lid of their charging case.
- Then press the circle button on the rear of the Apple AirPod charging case. The light of the charging case changes from green to white.
- You need to press the sync button until the pairing finish. If there is an error message, you need to press the sync button on the charging case before you choose the AirPods on the Bluetooth device list.
- If AirPods paired correctly, a message display as Your device is ready to go message.
- Then you need to choose Done to close the message.
If Apple AirPods keeps disconnecting and reconnecting on a Windows 10 PC
You can quickly and conveniently pair third-party devices with a new Bluetooth feature in Windows 10. It takes very less time as you just open the settings menu to search and add a Bluetooth device item. Sometimes, Apple’s AirPods cause an issue while connecting to Windows 10 PC. You can get a notification from the new Bluetooth feature when you connect button to the process of pairing the utility placed near a Windows 10 PC. If it is not into pairing mode, Windows deletes the notification from the Action Centre menu. Follow the below-given steps to keep AirPods connect indefinitely to a Windows 10 PC:
- You need to open the Windows 10 device manager through Control Panel. You can also type Device Manager in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Then select the View tab and choose devices by type option.
- Then you need to open the Human Interface Devices and find the below two AirPods entries:
(Name) AirPods Audio/Video Remote Control HID
(Name) AirPods Hands-Free Call Control HID
- You need to right-click and choose Properties for each of the above entries.
- Then open the Power Management tab and uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power box.
- Then click OK and exit.
Fix Windows 10 Apple AirPods Sync Problems
If your Apple AirPods do not work on your Windows PC, follow the below instructions to fix this issue:
- Turn off Bluetooth on other devices: If you pair your AirPods with your iPhone, it can intervene with the connection to your PC. It is better to temporarily disable Bluetooth on other devices.
- Open the charging case lid: If the Apple AirPods charging case’s lid is opened and its light turns green, it connects to devices. You need to open the lid for a few seconds before removing the AirPods and placing them in your ears.
If you still face this issue, follow the below-given steps:
- You need to go to an app like Freegal on your Windows 10 PC and play some music.
- Then put your Apple AirPods back in their charging case and close the lid.
- Then wait for a few seconds and then go to the Action Center and choose All settings.
- Then choose Devices in the Windows Settings.
- You ensure that your AirPods are on the list of paired devices.
- Then you need to open the charging case’s lid, remove the AirPods, and put them in each ear.
- Then choose AirPods in the device list and choose Connect.
- The AirPods now connect and you can play the audio appropriately.
- If your Apple AirPods do not play sound, you need to go to All Settings then Devices. Then choose Remove Device under AirPods and repeat the pairing process.
There is no sound even if AirPods are connected
You can do various things with Apple AirPods. It enables you to make or receive phone calls, listen to music and use Siri. It is necessary to set AirPods with your iOS device, Mac, or any other Bluetooth devices such as Android phones if you want to use them. But most users face issues that their AirPods stop playing a sound even though the device indicates a connection. Follow the below-given methods to fix this issue:
Clean your AirPods
It is necessary that you should check that your AirPods are clean. If there is dirt on them, you need to clean them properly to prevent them from damage.
Update your devices
- It is necessary that the device volume level is not too low.
- The optional setting on the iOS devices allows you to set a system-wide volume limit and this is a maximum level setting.
- This setting disallows the Music app volume settings.
- You need to set this volume too low which is off by default.
- You can check by opening the Settings then Music and then Volume Limit.
Ensure that your iOS device connects to your AirPods
You need to ensure that your AirPods are charged and check its battery level. If the battery level is low, you need to charge them. You need to put your AirPods in your case to charge them. Disable Bluetooth on your iOS or other devices and wait for few seconds and then turn it on again. If you unable to turn on Bluetooth, follow the below-given steps:
- You need to open the Settings then Bluetooth and toggle off Bluetooth in iOS.
- You need to open the System Preferences and then Bluetooth in macOS.
- Then reset your AirPods which may fix your issue.
- You need to put your AirPods in their case
- Then close the lid and then again open the lid
- Then press and hold the Set up button for a few seconds until you view the status light starts flashing amber and then white.
Unplug your AirPods
- You need to open the Bluetooth settings on your device and then click Forget This Device.
- Then repair them and then restart your paired device.
- Then turn off Automatic Ear Detection to check if this fixes your issue.
- You need to open the Settings then Bluetooth and then AirPods and disable Automatic Ear Detection.
This article guides you on how to pair AirPods with Android, Windows and other devices with easy methods. If you face any issue while pairing AirPods with Windows, you can fix this issue with the above-mentioned simple methods.