We cannot deny the fact that YouTube has the upper hand when it comes to providing music and video content. YouTube is undoubtedly the best audio and video streaming app for long. Even though there are a few applications that perform like YouTube, but one cannot completely outplay YouTube and its features.
Have you ever thought about what makes YouTube one of the greatest streaming applications? The answer is very simple. It includes a variety of music, informative content, and media content. Whatever you need, you only have to search it though YouTube, and within seconds, you will get accurate results.
- 1 Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone & iPad
- 1.1 Why Does Music Stop Playing in Background on YouTube?
- 1.2 How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone and iPad in the Latest iOS Release
- 1.3 How to listen to the YouTube Videos in Background with Locked iPhone or iPad
- 1.4 How to Play YouTube Video in Background using a Web Browser
- 1.5 How to Play YouTube Video in Background Using Third-Party Application
Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone & iPad
There is no doubt that YouTube is simply the ideal spot to engage with music and video content. Be that as it may, imagine a scenario in which you need to tune in to the music out of sight on your iPhone. Or else, imagine a scenario in which you need to utilize Youtube as though you are tuning in to the digital recording or disconnected music player. That implies it is conceivable to utilize the YouTube application in the background or even with the screen turned Off.
Numerous iPhone and iPad clients need to play YouTube recordings in the background so they can take a shot at other significant errands. Additionally, you basically need to appreciate the melody playing in the background while playing the game. Thus, playing YouTube recordings in the background is exceptionally vital for such a significant number of reasons, and we know the answer to it.
We are happy that you are on our blog gateway looking for the arrangement. First things first, we are certain that you would realize that the official YouTube application doesn’t permit you to utilize background highlights. That implies, when you turn off the screen, the music stops playing on YouTube. The prime answer for this is to pay for YouTube Premium or YouTube Music, and you can play music and video in the background. Notwithstanding, there are a couple of more workarounds by which you can settle the issue.
Why Does Music Stop Playing in Background on YouTube?
YouTube comes with the feature which is common for all the users. It shows that whenever you press the home button while playing music on YouTube, it stops working. As soon as you turn off the screen, you won’t be able to access YouTube. The only way you can listen to the songs is by turning on the screen on your iPhone.
We know that it is quite frustrating for all of us. You can’t put your iPhone in your pocket, because it would accidentally turn off the screen, and the music would stop playing. Moreover, there is another drawback of listening to the music with video, it consumes the battery more. Hence, the question is, why are users not allowed to use the background feature in the official YouTube app?
The answer is very simple! If you ever heard of YouTube premium, then you would certainly know that YouTube has occupied this feature for the paying customers. This is the official solution, you need to pay for YouTube Premium in order to listen to the music in the background. However, not all of us want to pay for the same, that’s why we have a few workarounds that can fix the issue. Let’s look at those, and start playing music in the background.
The official answer first: to play YouTube audio in the background while using another application, you have to buy the paid-for YouTube Premium help. Background sound is one of the extra highlights that Premium offers, alongside the capacity to download recordings for disconnected review (in spite of the fact that you can do that through different methods) and the evacuation of adverts. You can join YouTube Premium here. It costs £11.99/$11.99 per month or £17.99/$17.99 for a family enrolment, yet there’s a free one-month preliminary.
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background on iPhone and iPad in the Latest iOS Release
This technique will help you play video in the background on your iOS devices. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 1: Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Step 2: Now, open the video on YouTube that you want to listen to
- Step 3: Next, you need to tap on the Sharing icon. (those who don’t know about this option, look for a box and an arrow coming from it)
- Step 4: Next up, you need to search for “ Request Desktop Site”. You can find it in action options.
- Step 5: Once you choose the mentioned option, it will rearrange the video in the desktop version.
- Step 6: Next up, play the YouTube video, and let the advertisement complete first.
- Step 7: Now, you need to press the Safari tab button (Those who don’t know about it, should look for two overlapping squares)
- Step 8: After That, open a new tab and launch any website in it.
- Step 9: Now, you need to exit the Safari by pressing the Home button. You will be redirected to the Home Screen.
- Step 10: Now you can hear the video playing in the background even if you are performing any other task.
How to listen to the YouTube Videos in Background with Locked iPhone or iPad
This is another method that is quite useful if you want to play YouTube videos when your iPhone is locked or the screen is off. This stunt works with either iPad or iPhone, as long as they have the original YouTube application introduced in iOS. Follow the simple steps mentioned below to solve the issue using this technique:
- Step 1: First, launch the YouTube app on your device.
- Step 2: Next, play the video that you want to listen to
- Step 3: Next up, quickly press the power button two times, you will notice that the video would continue playing in the background.
How to Play YouTube Video in Background using a Web Browser
Although the Safari web browser previously permitted users to play YouTube videos in the background, the technique is no longer available for now. Moreover, Google Chrome also does not support the same. However, you can still play YouTube in the background by using Opera and Firefox apps. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Step 1: Open the YouTube video that you want to play
- Step 2: Next, you need to tap on the options menu, and from there, you need to select the desktop version of the YouTube video.
- Step 3: Now, continue playing your YouTube Video
- Step 4: Press the home button to return to the home screen on your iPhone or iPad.
- Step 5: Open Control center. For this, you need to swipe up the screen.
- Step 6: Next up, you need to press the play button. This would resume the video in the background
How to Play YouTube Video in Background Using Third-Party Application
This is another method that can help you play YouTube videos in the background. For this, you need to find an app similar to the iPlay Tube. You can look for this app in the play store. Once you find the app,( for example playtime is the app that you have found) launch it. When you open the app, it will display the latest music tracks and videos. Now, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Search for the song that you want to listen to
- Step 2: Let the advertisement compete or you can skip it after 5 seconds in order to play the audio in the background
- Step 3: Now, you need to press the home button.
Once you press the home button, you would notice that the music would continue to play in the background. If it doesn’t, then you need to open the control center, from where you can press the play button. Tap on Play Button and the music would start playing from the YouTube Video.
As you know that the simplest method to play the video in the background is, to buy a YouTube Premium. However, we have mentioned a few workarounds that can certainly help you to fix the issue. If you have any other trick by which a video can be easily played in the background, do let us know through comments. If you are an android user, then you need to apply different methods. Look for it, and let us know whether you get any solution for the same.
Tricks to Make Your Phone Not Reachable Without Switching it Off
iPhone iPad keyboard Missing or not Appearing Here’s How to Fix it
WhatsApp Video calling not working
How Telegram Secret Chat Work?