There are two primary methods to rent a movie from iTunes. Firstly. If you are using an iOS device or Apple TV, you would have only option to watch the movie. You can watch movies on that iOS device that you are using. Fortunately, you can still enjoy a rented movie from your device to Apple TV through Airplay. On the other hand, if you want to transfer the movie that you have rented to another device, then firstly, you need to download that movie on your personal computer.
The downloading and transferring process is the same even if you are using different devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or your personal computer.
- 1 Know About iTunes Movie Rent:
- 1.1 How to Rent a Movie on iTunes By Different Ways
- 1.2 How to watch an iTunes movie on TV or other iOS devices
- 1.3 How to Rent a movie on iTunes
- 1.4 How to Rent a Movie from iTunes on Mac or personal computer
- 1.5 How to Rent a movie from iTunes on your Apple TV
- 1.6 How to Rent a movie from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
- 1.7 How Long can you Rent a movie on iTunes
- 1.8 How to buy TV shows on iTunes
- 1.9 How to watch an iTunes Movie Rental
- 1.10 How to Download an iTunes Movie Rental!
- 1.11 Where to Find iTunes rentals on Apple TV:
- 1.12 How to Transfer an iTunes movie from one Device to another
- 1.13 How to Airplay an iTunes Movie rental from one device to another
- 1.14 Basic Requirements for Renting Movies from iTunes.
- 1.15 How to Pay for an iTunes movie Rental
Know About iTunes Movie Rent:
Renting a movie has its own prior advantage to the user. It is cost-effective; therefore, you need to spend less money to watch the latest movies. Hence, we suggest that our readers should use this option whenever they get a chance to rent a movie from iTunes. However, there is one element that you should be aware with.
Apple doesn’t allow you to watch new releases, which means you cannot rent a newly released movie. However, fortunately, there is an option always present for renting a movie from iTunes so that you can rent a specific collection of movies except for new releases.
In this article, we have covered everything that you need to know regarding rental movies and how you can rent a movie from iTunes. We have not only mentioned essential details on how you can rent a movie from iTunes but also how you can watch a movie from iTunes to Apple TV or computer. Apart from this, we have also covered a few more areas where you will be guided on how you can download movies from iTunes and watch it on your iOS device. In addition to that, in this article, you will get to know the time span of a rental movie on iTunes and how you can remove a rental movie altogether from iTunes after you have watched it. So, without any further delay, let’s get started!
We have divided this article into three major parts and also mentioned their sub-parts on which we will be focusing on:
How to Rent a Movie on iTunes By Different Ways
- How to rent a movie on Apple TV
- How to rent a movie on iTunes, iPad, or iPod
- How to rent movies on Mac or PC
- How to rent TV Shows on iTunes
- How long can you rent a movie on iTunes
How to watch an iTunes movie on TV or other iOS devices
- How to download a movie from iTunes
- Where you can find a movie that you have rented on iTunes
- How to sync movie from your computer to an iOS device
- How to Airplay a movie from your Mac or iOS device to an Apple TV
Basic Requirements to rent a movie from iTunes (iPad/iPhone, Apple TV, Personal Computer)
- Device and software requirement
- Setting payments for iTunes
Let’s begin with our main objective:
How to Rent a movie on iTunes
First thing first, you should be aware of the fact that rented movies can only be available within the device on which you have rented a movie. For example, if you have rented a movie on your personal computer, then you will be able to watch it on that particular device. In addition to that, if you try to sync that movie from your computer to an iPhone or iPad, you will be able to do so. However, once you sync the movie to another device, that movie will be no longer available on your computer.
That implies that if you want to watch a movie on your Apple TV, then you must opt for the option in which you can rent a movie directly from a set-up box. Another way is that you use Airplay to watch a rented movie from your iOS device or Mac to Apple TV. Moreover, watching a rented movie on Apple TV through Airplay might become clumsy at it takes longer buffering time.
Thus, you can evaluate a significant result from the above information. That is, if you want to watch an iTunes movie on your iPad or Apple TV, it is better to rent a movie directly from the device on which you would watch the movie. It is a very straightforward way of enjoying a rental movie.
How to Rent a Movie from iTunes on Mac or personal computer
To rent a movie from iTunes on your Mac or Computer, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Open the latest version of iTunes on your computer or Mac.
- Now, navigate to the movie catalog of iTunes.
- Search for the movie that you want to rent.
- Once you find out the movie that you wish to rent, click on it.
Note: If the movie is available for rent, you will happen to see a rent tab under the option to buy.
Next up, you need to click on the rental price button and if asked, you need to provide your Apple ID and password.
This way you can rent a movie from iTunes on your Mac or Pc. Here, one thing that you need to keep in mind that you can watch a rented movie on your computer and subsequently, you can sync it to other iOS devices whether iPhone, iPad, iPod. Moreover, you can transfer the movie back and forth, but you can watch it only on one device at a time. If the movie is available on your computer, you will find a button for a rental movie that you can tap on.
How to Rent a movie from iTunes on your Apple TV
Follow the steps mentioned below to rent a movie from iTunes on your Apple TV.
- Launch the iTunes app on your Apple Tv
- Now, find the film that you want to rent.
Note: You won’t be able to rent a tv show in iTunes, you can only rent movies from iTunes.
- Next up, if the movie that you asked for is available for rent, then you will find two options provided in the movie section.
- First option shows the price of the movie and buy an option, and the second shows the price for rent.
- Tap rent
- Now, verify the Apple TV movie rental by providing Apple ID and password.
- Accept the term and condition, if you are renting a movie for the first time.
That’s all! This way you can rent a movie from iTunes on your Apple TV.
How to Rent a movie from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod
Follow the steps mentioned below to rent a movie from iTunes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod:
- Launch the iTunes app on your iOS device.
- Navigate to movie section and search for the movie that you want to rent.
- Just like Apple Tv, if the movie is available for rent; you will see two options.
- First option shows you the price and buy an option and Second shows price to rent.
- Tap rent.
- Provide your iTunes password.
- You need to accept the terms and condition if you are renting a movie for the first time.
Note: As you are planning to rent a movie from iTunes on your iPhone or iPad, you can only watch the movie on the device on which you have rented a movie. Another option that you can opt is that you can use Airplay to watch it on your Apple TV.
Read more: How to Unlock Sprint iPhone
How Long can you Rent a movie on iTunes
You do not have to scratch your mind in order to delete the movie that you have rented from iTunes. As soon as your rental period gets over, the movie will no longer be available on the list. Rented movies will continue to show on your device until 30 days if you haven’t played it.
However, if you have started to watch the movie, you will have 24 hours (in the US) and 48 hours elsewhere to complete the movie before it gets removed from the device. Furthermore, within the provided time, you can watch the movie as many times as you want. Lastly, if you don’t watch the movie for 30 days, then you need to rent it again to make the movie available for the next cycle.
How to buy TV shows on iTunes
Unfortunately, you don’t have any option for renting a television show in iTunes. However, you can buy specific episodes or the entire season of your favorite shows. In order to buy TV shows on iTunes, follow the mentioned steps below.
- Launch iTunes Store app on your device
- Now, look for the TV shows that you want to buy.
- Once you find out the TV shows that you want to buy, you can buy the entire season by tapping on the price provided at the top.
- If you want to buy any individual episodes, you can do that also. All you need do is scroll down to the episode and tap on the price tab which is provided next to the episode.
That’s all, this way you can enjoy your favorite TV Show once you purchase it from iTunes store.
How to watch an iTunes Movie Rental
In the following section, we have covered very important information on how you can rent a movie from iTunes. In addition to that, we have also mentioned about the iTunes rental feature and how it works.
How to Download an iTunes Movie Rental!
Not every movie in iTunes is available for streaming immediately. If you are lucky enough, then you can stream and download your favorite movie from a few popular movies that are available for streaming and played immediately.
Besides this, if you want to watch other movies, you need to download them partially. Furthermore, in order to watch the movie offline, firstly; you need to download that movie entirely from iTunes. You can download the movie by merely clicking on the download icon, once you tapped on Rent..
Where to find a movie that you have rented on iTunes
Where to find iTunes rentals on iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
After you have successfully downloaded the iTunes rental on your device, you can see it in the library. Section of your TV app on your device. It is available under the Rentals catalogue. In early days, before iOS 10 rolled out, iTunes movie rentals were available in the Video App. But, this app is no longer available in iOS devices.
Where to Find iTunes rentals on Apple TV:
If you own 2nd and 3rd generation Apple TV, you can find iTunes in the tip shelf of the fundamental menu. Whereas in 4th generation Apple TV, iTunes can be discovered in the rental tab in the Movie app.
Where to find iTunes rentals on Mac or PC
In the iTunes Library on your Mac or PC, iTunes rentals is provided in the Rentals tab.
How to Transfer an iTunes movie from one Device to another
If you want to watch the movie on your iPhone, iPad or iPod, you need to transfer the movie that you have rented from iTunes. To do this, you need to sync the device using USB Cable. Connect your device to the computer using USB and sync the movie in another device. Use the following link!
Moreover, as we are aware of the fact that we are only able to watch a movie on one device at a time, we also need to understand that syncing the movie to your iPhone will also remove it from your computer.
You can transfer back to the computer and vice-versa under one specific condition that is; you can only sync the movie back and forth within the rental period. During the rental period, you can transfer the movie as many times that you want, but after that, you won’t be able to sync the movie to another device. Apple TV rentals can be enjoyed on Apple TV. But, here too; you can only watch Apple TV rentals on one Apple TV at a time.
How to Airplay an iTunes Movie rental from one device to another
Since, we don’t have any option to transfer the iTunes movie rented from iPhone , iPad to another device except Airplay them. You can airplay features in order to watch the movie from iPhone, iPod, iPad to the Apple TV. Follow the steps mentioned to do so;
- Connect iOS device or computer and Apple TV with the same Wi-Fi network, it is the most essential thing!
- Open Control Centre on your iOS device
- Next, swipe to open the Now Playing option
- From the Now Playing screen, press Play!
- Open iTunes on your Mac or personal computer
- Click on the AirPlay icon which is provided next to the volume slider
- Click on the Apple TV from the choices of devices
Basic Requirements for Renting Movies from iTunes.
First thing you need to keep in mind is that you must need the latest software and latest iTunes version installed on your device in order to avoid troubles. Make sure that your payment method is well organized and set up perfectly.
Device and Software requirements
Mac or PC iTunes movie rental must require the latest version of iTunes
Apple TV movie rentals must require latest version of tvOS
iPhone, iPad, iPod iTunes movie rentals must require latest version of iOS
How to Pay for an iTunes movie Rental
The primary requirements to rent the movie from iTunes are, firstly; you must need an Apple TV and secondly; you must authenticate payment method associated with the ID. In order to add a payment method with your Apple account, follow the steps below:
- Open settings
- Got to iTunes & App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID
- Now, from the menu that popped out after tapping the Apple ID, select Payment method
- Enter credit card details that is now used as your payee for iTunes purchases.
That’s all we hope this article will help you rent a movie from iTunes and how you can sync the movie with other iOS devices. If you have any queries regarding Android and iOS, you can reach out to us. Mention your problem in the comment section below, and we will be right back with the easiest solution.