The world of social media has become tremendously important to all of our lives. Facebook is one such platform without which we can not function. Some friends though appear nice and interesting might sneak up behind and block you out of their lives. If you are suspecting someone may have blocked you on Facebook Messenger, then follow these steps to find out more.
- 1 How to Check if Someone Has Blocked You on Facebook Messenger App
- 1.0.1 Click on the Messenger tab
- 1.0.2 Find the Search Bar which is at the top of the page
- 1.0.3 Click on it
- 1.0.4 Now you need to type your friend’s name (make sure you spell it correctly)
- 1.0.5 Scroll through the result
- 1.0.6 Once you see your friend’s name, click on it
- 1.0.7 Write a message to your friend in the text box
- 1.0.8 Now you click the Send icon (the blue paper icon to your right)
- 1.1 How do you know if someone muted you on messenger?
- 184.108.40.206 Open your browser
- 220.127.116.11 Type in Messenger.com
- 18.104.22.168 Make sure you are logged in
- 22.214.171.124 To log in, type your username/ phone number/ email
- 126.96.36.199 Give your password
- 188.8.131.52 Now click the return button
- 184.108.40.206 Now locate the search bar
- 220.127.116.11 Click the search bar and
- 18.104.22.168 Spell out the friend’s name ( Make sure the spelling is correct. In case your friend has changed the spelling of their name or used foreign letters to spell their name, you will have to input the correct name spelling)
- 1.2 Facebook Messenger App
How to Check if Someone Has Blocked You on Facebook Messenger App
Finding out whether you are blocked or not is simple. It depends on the device you are using. For your convenience, we will discuss methods to check on tab, phone or computer.
To find out through mobile or tab, try the following steps
If you do not have the Facebook Messenger app on your device, the phone or the tab, download it. After installing it, open the app. Make sure you key in your details correctly, if you are using a new device, a password authentication might also be required for the new device. If you are using someone else’s device make Avoid the Lite version as it has many shortcomings. Now that you have the app, find out if you are blocked in the following steps.
Click on the Messenger tab
Find the Search Bar which is at the top of the page
Click on it
Now you need to type your friend’s name (make sure you spell it correctly)
Scroll through the result
Once you see your friend’s name, click on it
Write a message to your friend in the text box
Now you click the Send icon (the blue paper icon to your right)
There are few things that can happen after you send the message
- The message gets sent
- The message is unsent and you receive a notification that Message not sent or This person isn’t receiving messages at this time
The meaning of the second outcome can be any of the following
- Your friend has blocked you on Messenger (not Facebook)
- You are blocked on Facebook including Messenger
- Your friend’s account is deactivated
If you want to know whether at all you have been blocked or whether at all you have been blocked, try these steps
- Visit Facebook through the app
- Click on your search bar that appears at the top
- Type the friend’s name
- Now click on search
If you find the name appear then the person has blocked you on Messenger and not on Facebook. In the case that the name does not appear, there is a possibility you have been blocked or maybe their account is deactivated.
How do you know if someone muted you on messenger?
If you are willing to find out more then take help of a common friend to check if the friend you are suspecting has blocked you or not is still active on Facebook.
If you want to do it on your own, create an additional account. Type your friend’s name on the search bar. If the name appears then you are blocked from their account both on Facebook and Messenger. If the name is not to be found then the friend has closed or deactivated the account.
In order to check if you are blocked on Facebook Messenger, you can also use the desktop or laptop. Before you start the process of finding out make sure you have your account details handy. You will be required to log in and provide password. In case you are using a public computer or someone else’s computer then make sure you clear your data and sign out once you are done checking. The method is not exactly the same as with the mobile version. To get the checking done, do the following steps.
Open your browser
Type in Messenger.com
Make sure you are logged in
To log in, type your username/ phone number/ email
Give your password
Now locate the search bar
Click the search bar and
Spell out the friend’s name ( Make sure the spelling is correct. In case your friend has changed the spelling of their name or used foreign letters to spell their name, you will have to input the correct name spelling)
If you find the name appearing (also make sure to match with your friend’s profile picture or have indication it is his or her account) then you will understand that the friend in question has blocked you on Messenger and not on Facebook. To make sure, log in to your Facebook account to check if you are blocked their as well or not. You can do that by simply browsing through the search bar from your account after searching your friend’s name.
If the name does not appear then you may have to take friend’s help to know if your friend whom you are suspecting of blocking you is active. Alternatively, you can open another account to find out on your own.
If someone has blocked you then neither can you contact that person nor can that person contact you. If someone has blocked you unintentionally or by mistake, get in touch with the person to know more. You can also suggest them to unblock you by clicking on Remove the Block option.
Before you jump into any conclusion make sure, that the friend in question has not inactivated the account or something ill has happened to him or her. In case of inactivated accounts neither you nor any mutual friend will be able to locate the friend in question. There is a possibility the account is temporarily or even permanently deactivated. The account can be deleted as well. There is also a possibility that the friend’s account has been hacked.
Facebook Messenger App
It is difficult to ascertain if you have been blocked or not. Facebook has made it difficult to find out so the accounts are not used misused.
Upon finding out someone has blocked you it is up to you to decide the worth of such friendship. If it is a misunderstanding, then sort it out, resume your friendship. If the person is cold and rude, you will find better friends.