Transfer SMS and iMessage: Everyone is getting the latest versions of the iPhone like XS, XR, and X. They want their precious messages to be transferred to their new phones. People have tried a lot of ways but are unsuccessful. There is no particular reason for their failure. However, they should not take any tension. There are many ways through which messages can be transferred to the new phone. Given below are some of them. People just need to follow the steps and their work will be done in some minutes.
- 1 Transfer SMS & iMessage from old iPhone to new iPhone
- 2 Backup of old iPhone with iTunes
- 3 Restoring the SMS from the old iPhone to the new iPhone XR/XS/X/8
Transfer SMS & iMessage from old iPhone to new iPhone
Method 1: Transferring messages from old iPhone to new with the help of iCloud Backup
This is one of the easiest ways of transferring messages. It is important to back up the old iPhone through iCloud. People do not require iTunes or computer for transferring messages.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi and connect the old phone to the source of power.
- In the old iPhone just click on settings. Then click on your name. Go to iCloud and turn on the backup.
- Press back up now and wait for the process to be completed. For this step, the Wi-Fi connection is the most important thing.
- Switch on the new iPhone. Just restore it from iCloud Backup. Then click on next. However, if the setup process is already complete, then just reset the phone. Click on settings, then general. You have to reset and erase the settings and content.
- Put the Apple ID and Password. In this way, all the messages are transferred from the old iPhone to the new one.
Method 2: Transferring messages from old iPhone to the new one through iCloud Syncing
Apple has introduced iOS 11.4 which has iCloud syncing. This feature is helpful for only for deleting iMessages. It is not that helpful for the SMS text messages. Given below are the steps of transferring iMessages from the old phone to the new one.
- In the old iPhone click on settings. Then your name and then iCloud.
- Try to find the messages options. Just toggle it to green. This will enable two-factor authentication.
- In the new iPhone just sign in with the same iCloud account. Both phones should be connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Once the iPhone syncing process is complete, you can see the iMessages. The transferring process will be over.
Method 3: Transfer both iMessages and Text Messages from old iPhone to the new one through iTunes
Apart from iCloud people can try transferring their messages and iMessages through iTunes. It helps in transferring all the media library and the messages. People just need to back up their iTunes from the old phone. Then they can start their transferring process.
Backup of old iPhone with iTunes
- Connect the old device to the computer through the lightning cable. Just launch the iTunes app on the PC.
- Press on files and then device. Click on backup at the menu bar. This will start the syncing process. Click on the iPhone icon and then go the summary page. Press the option of Back up Now.
- Wait for some time till the backup process gets over.
- After you have completed this, then see the updated backup. Check it by clicking at the edit menu then preferences and device.
Restoring the SMS from the old iPhone to the new iPhone XR/XS/X/8
- Switch on the new iPhone and just connect it to the computer.
- If the iPhone is set up then select the restore option from the iTunes backup at the app and data.
- Click on the backup and confirm the action. Wait for some time to finish.
These are three methods through which message transferring can be done. You should not take tension about such small problems. You can easily solve this with following some steps on the internet. They don’t have to go to the service center. It will save a lot of time and money.