AirPods are great and a popular accessory of Apple. Apple’s AirPods have firmware that is required to update for optimal performance and Apple provides a particular firmware for AirPods. Here is the way to update AirPods firmware:
Update AirPods to the Latest Firmware Version
Follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly you need to place the earphones in the charging case.
- Then plug the charging case to a power source with the Lightning to USB cable.
- You make sure that the paired iOS device is nearer to the charging case with an active internet connection.
- Then you need to wait for a few minutes until the update finishes successfully.
- You need to check the firmware version from your paired iPhone as there is no option to manually update AirPods.
Review AirPods Firmware Version on the iPhone and iPad
Follow the below-given steps:
- Firstly, you need to ensure that the AirPods connect to your iOS device.
- Then go to the Settings app on your iPhone and then click on the General tab.
- Then click on About and then click on AirPods.
- Then you need to check the Firmware Version of your AirPods on the next screen.
- You also need to search the serial number, model number and the hardware version of your AirPods.
Sometimes the bug causes a glitch in the AirPods Pro on your iPhone or iPad. You are not able to use your AirPods. Here are ways to fix this issue:
Check your AirPods:
- It is necessary that you should take out the buggy AirPod Pro out of its case.
- Then wait for a few seconds and then put it back in the case.
- You need to check out that the AirPods is working or not.
Check for dust:
- It is essential to check that is no dust in the AirPods Pro case.
- You also need to check the connection points inside your charging case to ensure there is no dirt in it.
Restart your iPhone:
This method helps to resolve the AirPod not working issue.
- You need to force restart your iPhone or iPad.
- It is important to check that your device’s software is up-to-date.
Reset your AirPods Pro:
You can also reset your AirPods Pro with the physical button on the charging case. Follow the below-given steps to reset your AirPods:
- You need to place your AirPods Pro back in their case.
- Then search the Reset button on the rear of the case itself.
- Then you need to press and hold this button for at least 15 seconds.
- Then repair your AirPods Pro with the device that you use with it.
Reset your network settings:
If you reset your iPhone’s or iPad’s network connectivity settings, it can also resolve the issue as AirPods Pro connects to your devices through Bluetooth. Follow the below-given steps to reset your network settings:
- You need to open the Settings app.
- Then click on the General tab.
- Then scroll down until the Reset option appears.
- Then click on Reset All Network Settings.
- Then you need to repair your AirPods Pro with your device after resetting.
Update your AirPods firmware:
Follow the below-given steps to update your AirPods Pro firmware:
- Firstly, you need to put both AirPods back in their case.
- Then bring the case nearer to your iPhone with an internet connection.
- You can also check about the firmware that is running by opening the Settings then click on General then About and then click your AirPods Pro.
This article guides you on how to update AirpPods firmware. If any issue occurs and you are not able to use your AirPods properly, you can fix this issue with the above-mentioned ways.