iPhones are well-known for their excellent cameras, both rear and front. The image quality of iPhones is much better than the average webcam. It is better to use your iPhone as a webcam for your PC or Mac instead of buying a separate device. This function is especially useful if you own a desktop PC that does not have a webcam.
How to Use iPhone As a Webcam with These 7 Best Methods
You can keep track of multiple live video and audio feeds. You can easily adjust the resolution of the videos. Here are the methods that enable you to use your iPhone as a webcam:
You can stream multiple live videos immediately on your iPhone with iCam.
- The webcam app has a unique feature to playback and records the motion events.
- The app also generates alerts and notifications including the ability to back up motion events to the cloud instantly after recording.
- The benefit of the iCam app is its great camera quality and low cost.
- You need to download iCam Source software to use this app.
EpocCam is the most popular app that enables you to use your iPhone as a webcam.
- It provides a free version with limited functionality.
- EpocCam works with all webcam-enabled apps such as Skype and Google Hangouts.
- It supports the rear and front-facing cameras of your iPhone and encrypts all the video it records.
- It has a wireless range of 20 feet.
- It enables you to use the mic to record audio, adds an option for manual focus.
- It improves the video resolution from 640×480 pixels to 1920×1080 pixels.
- You need to download the app on your iPhone and install EpocCam driver on your computer as well.
- Then connect your iPhone on the computer using a WiFi connection. You ensure that both devices are connected with the same network.
- Then open the desktop recording software. Then go to Tools then Options then Webcam radio button and then EpocCam.
You can now use your iPhone as a webcam. When you installed the app, setting up the connection is fully automated. A pro version of the app is available called EpocCAM HD. It unlocks all features including the ability to use the flashlight in dark environments, click to focus and autofocus modes.
It is another helpful method that enables you to use your iPhone as a Webcam.
- You can make your iPhone function as a webcam.
- This is helpful in case you do not have a camera to use for your video calls.
- You need to install the app on your phone and a desktop application on your computer.
- Then connect your iPhone on the downloaded app. You may use the old iPhone as a webcam.
- You can use it on Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Google Hangouts and other instant messaging apps.
- WebCamera is one of the few professional apps for the iPhone that takes the business of turning your iPhone into a webcam.
- The modes, video quality, latency of WebCamera are really good.
- This app allows you to capture videos in three different resolutions like 192×144, 480×360, and 640х480 with this app.
4. IP Cam:
IP Cam is also another best app to use your iPhone as a webcam.
- You can capture the computer videos through Wi-Fi on your iPhone with ease.
- You can also record the videos with the help of this app.
- It is also compatible with MJPEG streaming.
- There is also an option to reduce or increase the brightness, contrast, saturation, and many more so that the recording goes smooth.
- It’s grayscale and night vision mode provides the essential protection to your eyes in the night.
Air Cam Live Video:
Air Cam Live Video enables you to view the live video feed from your computer’s external or internal webcam.
- You can set up a webcam in your office and remotely monitor your office from your iOS device.
- When paired with an external webcam, the app can also work as a very handy home surveillance system.
- It also has an option to set up motion detection to automatically trigger video recording.
- You can frame rate, control volume from your iPhone.
- Air Cam Live Video supports both Mac and Windows.
PocketCam by Senstic:
It effortlessly transforms your iOS device into a wireless webcam for your Mac or Windows PC.
- It is easy to set up and works perfectly. The easy-to-use features consist of great video quality. This app supports audio, FaceTime, and even iMessage.
- You need to download and install the PocketCam for Windows or Mac.
- On Windows, you can run PocketControl for Windows and ensure the SensticPocketService is running on your computer.
- On Mac, you can run PocketControl from the Mac applications folder. Then select PocketCam as your preferred webcam.
- Then connect your iOS device to your home network using Wi-Fi.
- Then start PocketCam on iOS device and the app automatically connect to your computer.
- You can see ‘Connected to your computer name: port’ at the bottom of your iOS device display “
- Then launch any app on the computer which uses a webcam.
- Then select PocketCam as your virtual webcam.
This app is fully equipped to stream full-screen videos and audio to several devices in the same Wi-Fi network.
- This app has sub-100-millisecond latency, 30 FPS video as well as CD-quality AAC audio.
- It also enables you to choose a video resolution.
- You can use the front or rear camera to shoot high-quality videos as per your preference.
- You can record and download MPG videos in the browser itself.
- The app works with a number of web browsers such as Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and many more.
The above-mentioned apps are the best methods or tools that can assist you when you need to use the iPhone as a web camera. All apps are very helpful and effective. The iPhone provides a wide range of possibilities. You can easily make use of the iPhone as a webcam with the help of these apps. You can shoot high-quality videos with an option to monitor video feeds with a minimum effort with all the above apps.