- 1 Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM
- 1.1 Steps below to use WhatsApp without a Mobile Phone number or SIM card
- 1.2 Landline verification process
- 1.3 Use of Messaging App
- 1.4 By any chance, you make a mistake on noting the number then take the following steps
- 1.5 Now start with the WhatsApp setting-up process. To do so take the following steps.
- 1.6 WhatsApp without a phone number or a SIM
Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM
WhatsApp is a crucial part of our lives. If you thought that in order to use WhatsApp you must have a phone number or SIM, then you are wrong! Yes, you read that right. WhatsApp can be used even without a contact number or SIM.
Steps below to use WhatsApp without a Mobile Phone number or SIM card
Without further delay, let us jump and discuss the processes before you begin the process, make sure of the following points.
- Get WhatsApp downloaded on the device of your choice.
- If it is already present on your device, make sure that you delete it and reinstall it.
- In case you have verified WhatsApp with a number, delete the number and the App. Reinstall it again.
There are mainly two ways to bypass the phone number or SIM verification process. Let us discuss them in details.
Landline verification process
In order to use this method, you will need access to a home phone or a landline number. With the help of that number you will be able to verify WhatsApp on your device.
- Download WhatsApp on your device be it phone, tablet or a PC.
- When asked for number verification, simply key in the landline number of your preference. Don’t forget to correctly enter your country code as it is crucial for WhatsApp use.
- After the verification through message fails, you will be prompted to wait for 5 minutes.
- Soon you will see a Call me option for you to continue with the verification process.
- Click on the Call me option.
- You will receive a call from WhatsApp to your home phone number the one you entered
- Note down the verification code from the automated message.
- It is a 6-digit number and will be repeated several times for your convenience.
- Key in the verification code, do not make a mistake while typing the numbers as you will have to start from the beginning of reinstalling WhatsApp.
- You will be notified once the set-up process is completed.
- Now you can start chatting on WhatsApp without a phone number or a SIM on the device
Use of Messaging App
The other method to make WhatsApp available to your device without a number and a SIM is also quite simple. All you need to do is download a messaging App like TextNow. You will have to download the App on your phone. Then you will get a phone number that you can use to verify. It will make WhatsApp functional to your phone.
- To download the App visit Google PlayStore, iTunes App Store or Windows Phone Store.
- After completion of download you must open the App
- Once the entire setup process is completed, you will get your unique number
- You must note down the number
By any chance, you make a mistake on noting the number then take the following steps
- If you are using an Android device then search for the 3 line icon on the interface. It is generally to the left. Once you tap it, your unique number will be displayed.
- For iPhone device, the same 3 lines should direct you to find your number. It is applicable for all the idevices.
- For Windows Phone, you will need to locate the People tab. Once you find it tap on it. Your number will be displayed.
After getting your truly unique number you can start your WhatsApp set up process. Make sure you have downloaded WhatsApp on your device. Keep your TextNow number ready for use. Write it down on a piece of paper for easy reference.
Now start with the WhatsApp setting-up process. To do so take the following steps.
- Agree to the terms and conditions as displayed on the WhatsApp page. Go through them if you so wish.
- Next page you will be asked for your phone number
- You must enter your country code correctly.
- If you do not know your country code, do an internet search. You may have to put a plus (+) or a zero (0).
- Now type in your App number that you had previously noted down.
- You will be told that you must enter the correct verification code in the next 5 minutes
- Wait for this step to fail
- Once the message verification fails, you will be seeing a Call me option
- Click on the call me option
- Soon you will receive an automated call
- In that call you will be delivered your unique verification number.
- This number is crucial to setting up WhatsApp. Make a note of that number immediately. For your ease the number is being repeated several times. It is a 6-digit number. Make sure you get the number right. In case of mistake you will have to delete WhatsApp as well as the TextNow app and start the entire process form the very start.
- To get the verification number you will have to open the TextNow app. There you will get the WhatsApp verification number.
- Followed by that you will have to key in the number and the verification number.
WhatsApp without a phone number or a SIM
With this process you will be able to use WhatsApp without a phone number or a SIM on a choice of your device. There are many such apps that’s lets you bypass the SIM requirement. Choose the one that works best for your device.
Thanks to the various apps you can now use WhatsApp with ease. Even the landline methods are quite simple to use. But for that, you will need access to a landline. However, in most household landlines are not used anymore. Under such circumstance, you will have to use the app method.
With the above-described methods, you will be able to use WhatsApp on your Android and iOS devices. You can even use WhatsApp on your PC. If you are using a phone, you will not even require a number or SIM in order to make it work. Never stay disconnected from your loved ones.
Read Also :