iOS 11 has various new features such as the inbuilt screen recorder. It enables you to record everything on the iPhone’s screen without time limits. But many users have been reporting that the iPhone screen recording not working on iOS 11after starting from the Control Center.
- 1 Here are the ways to fix the iPhone screen recording not working in iOS 11 issues:
- 1.1 Ensure Screen Recording is enabled
- 1.2 Reopen Screen Recording
- 1.3 Screen Recording no Sound
- 1.4 Delete Screen Recording from Control Center and Hard Reset Your iOS Device
- 1.5 Ensure Screen Recording is Not Restricted with Parental Control
- 1.6 Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
- 1.7 Update iOS on Your Device
- 1.8 Screen Recording not saving to Photos app
- 1.9 Turn on the Microphone Audio
- 1.10 Restore your iPhone
- 1.11 Screen recording not saving on iOS 11
Here are the ways to fix the iPhone screen recording not working in iOS 11 issues:
Ensure Screen Recording is enabled
If you use a screen recorder to record your iPhone screen, you need to ensure that you enable Screen Recording on your device. You need to go to Settings then Control Center then Customize Controls and then Screen Recording. Then add it.
Reopen Screen Recording
If you enable Screen Recording and it does not work then you can turn it off and turn it on again. During this process, it is better to restart the iOS device. Follow the given below steps to reopen Screen Recording:
- You need to launch Settings then General then Restrictions.
- Then go to the Game Center and turn off-screen recording.
- Then reboot your device and then turn it on again.
Sometimes, this also can fix Screen Recording not working issues.
Screen Recording no Sound
Some users face a problem when they capture the screen display on their devices, it happens without actual sound. To fix it, you need to reveal the Control Centre and tap on the Screen Recording icon. Then tap the Microphone icon to turn audio on.
Delete Screen Recording from Control Center and Hard Reset Your iOS Device
Follow the given below steps:
- You need to open the Settings app then Tap on Control Center.
- Then tap on Customize Controls in Control Center Settings on iPhone
- Then tap on the red button to the left of Screen Recording under Include.
- Then force restarts your iOS device and to do so:
- On iPhone 5s, 6, 6s, 6 Plus, iPhone 6s Plus: You need to hold the Home button and ON/OFF button at once.
- On iPhone 7 and 7 plus: You need to hold volume down and ON/OFF buttons simultaneously.
- On iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and iPhone X, XR, Xs, and Xs Max: You need to press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Then you need to press and hold the Side button (Power ON/OFF button) until you see the Apple logo.
- When your device restarts, you need to launch the Settings app. Then go to Control Center then Customize Controls.
- Then tap on the plus (+) button to the left of Screen Recording.
Ensure Screen Recording is Not Restricted with Parental Control
You need to ensure that the screen recording switch is disabled. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to open Settings and then tap on General.
- Then tap on Settings and General in iOS 11 on iPhone.
- Then tap on Restrictions. You need to type your Restrictions passcode.
- Then scroll all the way at the bottom and turn off the switch next to Screen Recording.
Reset Your Device to Factory Settings
If you reset your device, it wipes out all the Wi-Fi passwords and website logins from your device. All of your data remains secure. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the Settings app on your iOS device. Then tap on General and Scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Then tap on Reset All Settings. You need to enter your iPhone passcode.
- Then tap on Reset All Settings again to confirm.
- Your iPhone reboot thereafter. It can work fine when the iPhone reboots.
Update iOS on Your Device
Follow the given below steps to update iOS on your device:
- You need to first remove the beta profile from your iDevice.
- When it is done, open the Settings app and tap on General.
- Then tap on Software Update to download and install the update.
Screen Recording not saving to Photos app
If you do not save screen recording videos after recording, ensure that there is enough space in your iPhone storage. You can check by going to Settings then General and then iPhone Storage. If your iPhone Storage is full and you do not want to delete anything then you can upload screen recording videos to iCloud or export them to the computer.
Turn on the Microphone Audio
Screen Recording allows you to choose to record both the audio & video. If the Screen Recording works without audio then you may turn off the Microphone Audio. Follow the given below steps to turn on the Microphone Audio:
- You need to go into the Control Centre and find the Screen Record icon.
- Then press & hold on the Screen Recording button until you see a pop-up with Microphone audio option.
- Then tap the Microphone icon to turn Audio On in red color.
- If the microphone is on and still screen recording has no sound, you can turn it off and on several times.
Restore your iPhone
Follow the given below steps to restore your iPhone:
- You need to connect your iPhone to your computer through a USB cable.
- Then launch iTunes and click on the device icon in the upper left corner of iTunes.
- You need to click Restore Backup. You need to choose the latest iTunes backup from the options and click Restore.
- If you encrypt the iTunes backup, you need to enter the password to unlock the iPhone backup.
Screen recording not saving on iOS 11
When you stop the screen recording, a notification appears to tell you that the screen recording video saves to your Photos app. But if you do not have enough space, the screen recording cannot save. For that, you need to free up more space on your iPhone by deleting useless files or transferring files from iPhone to PC for backup. You need to go to Settings then General then iPhone Storage. Then delete unwanted apps or files.
The recording screen is one of the new features of iOS 11. When you enable Screen Recording on your iPhone, you can use it to record your screen easily rather than using third-party applications. You can fix the iPhone screen recording not working in iOS 11 from the above-mentioned ways. You simply need to perform each action carefully.
Kuo: Apple to release iPhone ‘iPhone SE 2’ in Q1 2020 with 8 design, A13 processor
How to forget a Network on MAC
Wi-Fi not working in iOS 12 on iPhone or iPad: How to Fix the issue
How to Transfer Contacts From Android to iPhone?