Sometimes when you switch from the iPhone to Android, you do not get texts because Apple stops sending iMessage instead of SMS. Apple does not recognize a switch and it tries to deliver the text through iMessage.
How do I Fix my iMessage after switching to Android?
When two iPhone users’ texts each other, their messages are sent through iMessage by default with Apple’s free iPhone to iPhone messaging tool. But when one person has an iPhone and the other person has Android a conversation, there is a utilization of traditional text messaging.
The following may be the reasons as to why an iPhone does not send a text message:
- If the iPhone does not have a cellular signal, it cannot send text messages without the traditional cell signal.
- If the iPhone does not have an active cellular service plan, it does not send text messages.
- If the cellular reception not good then the iPhone cannot send a text message. If the service is not good, the phone does not send or receive text messages.
- If the cell number you reached got disconnected then the iPhone cannot send a text message. If you recently changed your phone number or you have multiple phone numbers for the same person, you need to ensure that you address the proper phone number.
- If the Airplane mode enables, it disables the ability to send messages and text messages. You need to toggle off the Airplane mode that may fix this specific issue.
iMessage is an authentic way of communicating with friends, relatives, and colleagues. You need to log out of your Apple ID if you switch from iPhone to Android before selling your device. It is necessary to ensure that you get messages on your phone number even after you move to Android from the iPhone. Here are the ways to fix the issue of not receiving text messages after switching from iPhone to Android:
Turn Your iPhone Off and On
Sometimes turning your iPhone off and on resolves many issues. Follow the given below steps to turn your iPhone off and on:
- You need to hold down the Power button and the Home button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- When the iPhone turns on, you can check by sending the text message again.
Turn Off iMessage on iPhone
You can immediately fix this issue if you still have the old iPhone with you. You do not get texts may be because the iPhone has its iMessage switch ON. This connects your phone number and your Apple ID to iMessage. Follow the given below steps to turn off iMessage on the iPhone:
- You need to open the Settings
- Then click on Messages
- You need to turn off iMessage
It can turn off iMessage in a few hours. When you turned off iMessage, your friends using the iPhone cannot send you messages as normal text or SMS.
Turn off FaceTime on iPhone
If you still have your old iPhone with you, you need to check that if the Face Time remains Turn-On on your iPhone. Follow the given below steps to fix FaceTime on the iPhone:
- You need to go to the Settings.
- Then click on FaceTime.
- You need to turn off FaceTime.
Reset Network Settings
You can also resolve this issue by resetting network settings. But you can lose your wi-fi passwords and custom DNS. But all of your data remains safe. Follow the given below steps to reset network settings:
- You need to go the Settings app and then click General
- You need to select Reset and then choose Reset Network Settings
- Then confirm to reset network settings and the iPhone starts rebooting
- When the iPhone reboots back up again, it deletes all network data and settings.
- You need to re-join networks but it generally fixes any networking issues.
- Then you need to go back to the Messages app and check if you can send the text message.
You can deregister iMessage in two ways:
- If you still have your iPhone, you can deregister iMessage with the given below steps:
- You need to place back your SIM card on your iPhone if you transferred your SIM card from your iPhone to Android phone.
- You ensure that you connect to your cellular data network.
- Then click Settings then Messages and then turn off iMessage.
- If you do not have your iPhone, you can deregister your iMessage with the given below steps:
- You need to visit this link from any web browser.
- Then scroll down to the second option that labels as No longer has your iPhone.
- You need to type the phone number that you want to de-activate from iMessage and then tap the Send Code.
- Then check your current phone for a text message and type the code that sent to you.
- You need to wait for the confirmation that iMessage de-activated.
Delete and Re-Create a New Message
Sometimes when you delete a message thread and recreate a new message, it resolves a message sending failure issue. Follow the given below steps to delete and re-create a new message:
- You need to go to the Messages app on the iPhone. Then swipe left on the message to remove.
- You need to select Delete and then click the new message button.
- It creates a new message thread to the recipient and sends text messages as usual.
If you switch from iPhone to Android, it necessary you should remove your number from iMessage. You need to go to the settings to remove your number from iMessage. Then click messages and move the iMessage slider to off. The problem arises when you have an iPhone and have used iMessage but now switched to Android. In this case, Apple’s system sometimes does not recognize a switch and it tries to send the text through iMessage. You can fix this issue of not receiving text messages after switching from iPhone to Android from the above-mentioned methods.