Phone went into recovery mode? And you can’t seem to understand what is happening? Well that isn’t something new!
- 1 What is Recovery Mode?
- 1.1 Method 1- Restarting iPhone with iOS 12 and 12.3 to get out of recovery more
- 188.8.131.52.1 Step 1- Hold on the button that reduces the volume of your phone instead of the home button
- 184.108.40.206.2 Step 2- Now press and hold the button that is used to shut and open your phone AKA the power button. Keep in mind that both the buttons to be pressed together at the very same time.
- 220.127.116.11.3 Step 3- Press the buttons together for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo on a white screen apper.
- 1.2 Method 2- Getting iPhone out of recovery mode using Tiny Umbrella
- 18.104.22.168.1 Start by downloading Tiny Umbrella on your computer/Mac system from the official website.
- 22.214.171.124.2 Once downloaded, launch it on your system and then connect your iOS devices to the Computer/Mac system.
- 126.96.36.199.3 Your phone needs to be detected by the application on the Computer/Mac system so you might have to wait a while.
- 188.8.131.52.4 Once your device is detected you need to click on EXIT RECOVERY button on the screen.
- 184.108.40.206.5 Now all you have to do is disconnect your iPhone from the system!
- 1.3 Method 3- Fixing iPhone device by updating iTunes to the latest version
- 1.4 Method 4- Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode without any data loss
- 220.127.116.11.1 Step 1- Download dr. fone- repair on your windows/Mac
- 18.104.22.168.2 Step 2- After downloading the application hit launch. Click on REPAIR FROM DR.FONE once the application has been launched
- 22.214.171.124.3 Step 3- Connect your iPhone to the system that is stuck in recovery mode
- 126.96.36.199.4 And click on EXIT RECOVERY MODE. You will spot this at the lower right corner.
- 1.5 Method 5- Using DFU (Device firmware update) restore iPhone to get out of recovery mode
What is Recovery Mode?
Your phone going into recovery mode is your phones way of telling you that your operating system is being updated. It is a fail safe in iBoot that will revive your iPhone with a new version of iOS (operating system). for example- the latest version of the operating system that is iOS 12. Downloaded it yet? Has made my phone run rather smooth.
Another reason for your phone going into recovery mode is that when the current installed iOS is damaged and facing issues.
Recovery mode in case of your operating system being damaged gives the user limited scope to use iPhone. As your iPhones hasn’t fully booted up to the iOS, helping you update the current damaged operating system to a new version or at least load a working back up onto the device.
It is a very convenient feature that not only restores your phone to its factory settings
But also retrieves all your emails, messages and pictures.
It also comes with its fair share of disadvantages. If you haven’t put in the effort to backup your iPhone religiously then you might not get most of your data back!
Often our phone is stuck in the recovery mode and we blame everybody but ourselves for it!
If you are anything like me you and are very careless about your phone and manage to drop it as if on cue, on the floor in the water, in areas that your hand can’t seem to reach. You name it! This increases the chances of your phone suffering a hardware issue sooner than later and may cause your phone to be stuck in recovery mode.
Another very common reason for your phone to be stuck in recovery mode is a software corruption issue which may arise due to a damaged software, data, programs etc. If you have been trying to jailbreak your iPhone, update it to the latest version of iOS or forced recovery mode on your phone to fix an underlying issue, all these are examples of how you could land your phone in recovery mode.
This is what we need to understand before jumping into how to fix your iPhone that is stuck in recovery mode so we know what was the root cause of it and decide on a solution accordingly.
If your phones software has gone corrupt and is now in recovery mode and all you want to do is give up on your iPhone? Then you must give these 5 ways to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode for iOS 12 and 12.3!
Method 1- Restarting iPhone with iOS 12 and 12.3 to get out of recovery more
This is one of my most favorite ways to getting out of the recovery mode as it is super easy and a sure shot way to get out of the problem and you do not require the assistance of a computer for this. Follow the steps below
- Press the button that you would usually use to shut down and open up your phone along with the home button of your device simultaneously.
- Press both buttons together for at least 15 seconds.
- Now gently let go off the two buttons, apples logo appears on a white background on the screen.
Let me remind you that the method above works only for people with iPhone 6 or older versions.
For iPhone 7 stuck in recovery mode
For iPhone 8, 8 plus or x
- – Press and then release the button on the side used to increase the volume of the device
- Press and then release the button on the side used to reduce the volume.
- Click on the Press button and hold the key that is used to switch on the phone, the power key. On releasing it the apple logo will appear!
This whole process will take just a few minutes of your time! Not to forget that the method is super easy.
Method 2- Getting iPhone out of recovery mode using Tiny Umbrella
Tiny Umbrella is a useful application that was specifically designed to provide the user with a way of saving the SHSH Blobs for their devices.
SHSH blobs are the digital signatures that apple generated.
It helps to restore your iPhone or any other iOS device using a saved SHSH and by starting the TSS server. Tiny Umbrella can easily restore the firmware of your device.
This application works on iOS 11 and above devices. It can even be used to fix other devices as well.
Use the following steps to get out of the recovery mode
Start by downloading Tiny Umbrella on your computer/Mac system from the official website.
Once downloaded, launch it on your system and then connect your iOS devices to the Computer/Mac system.
Your phone needs to be detected by the application on the Computer/Mac system so you might have to wait a while.
Now all you have to do is disconnect your iPhone from the system!
Method 3- Fixing iPhone device by updating iTunes to the latest version
If you phone is stuck in recovery mode right after you have updated the iOS using iTunes or restoring iPhone!
If the First method didn’t work for you then this method might be your way out. First you will need to check if your iTunes needs updating !
If you are using iTunes on windows
Follow the instructions and download the newest version
If you are using iTunes for Mac
Step 1- Click on the Apple menu and go to the app store
Step 2- Now click on UPDATES NOW and install the new version if any new update is available.
Method 4- Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode without any data loss
What most methods that fix your iPhone stuck in recovery mode is that they usually reset the device to factory settings which deletes almost all the data on your phone.
Try out Dr fone. It is a secure and easy tool that fixes all the problems related to iOS device without causing any kind of damage to the iPhone
Step 1- Download dr. fone- repair on your windows/Mac
Step 2- After downloading the application hit launch. Click on REPAIR FROM DR.FONE once the application has been launched
Step 3- Connect your iPhone to the system that is stuck in recovery mode
And click on EXIT RECOVERY MODE. You will spot this at the lower right corner.
Step 4- A new pop up and the screen will look like what your iPhone does when stuck in recovery mode. Click on EXIT RECOVERY MODE
Step 5- You will know that your phone is out of the recovery mode when you see a EXCITED RECOVERY MODE SUCCESSFULLY flash on the display screen.
You can now disconnect your iPhone from the windows/Mac system as your iPhone is no longer in recovery mode.
Method 5- Using DFU (Device firmware update) restore iPhone to get out of recovery mode
With DFU you can easily upgrade or downgrade the iOS of your iPhone as it skips the iBoot to downgrade to the existing firmware.
You need to ensure that your iTunes is updated to the latest version.
For the iPhone 6 and earlier modes- Plug your iPhone into the computer and open iTunes. Now hold the Home and power buttons for about 10 seconds. Release the power button and continue to press the home key.
On releasing both the buttons you will notice that the screen has gone black and you have now successfully attained the DFU mode.
For iPhone 7 and 7 plus- Plug your phone into the computer and open up iTunes.
Now hold the power and volume reducing buttons for a few seconds, release the power button and continue to press the volume reducing key.
The screen will go black and you will have attained DFU mode.
For iPhone 8, 8 plus and higher-ups- Connect your phone into a computer and open up iTunes.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds.
- Press on the volume reducing button while still holding the power button.
Let go off the power button but still keep pressing the volume reducing key for 5 seconds. Your screen will be black, this means your iPhone will have attained DFU mode.
After you have entered the DFU mode, iTunes will detect your iPhone. And a message that states that you need to update and restore it.
Click on restore and your phone should soon be out of the recovery mode.
If the above-mentioned methods do not resolve the issue of your iPhone being stuck in recovery mode. So you must visit the nearest Apple Service Centre, authorize Apple Service provider or Apple store.