A SmartPhone is a perfect device to store data that is more important to you. You can save data as much as you want; the only thing you need to consider is that it should not exceed more than the data storage capacity of your mobile device. If we talk about the iPhone, you might have required more space to store all the data that are more essential to you. Notably, in the Message app, you might have felt that the app is quite large and can store countless information. At the same time, you might want to erase data in order to free up the mobile space.
You might have faced a situation where you needed to delete the data from the messaging app. You have actually tried to delete the texts to maintain the storage on your device. Meanwhile, it is possible that you have deleted the texts that you always want to keep on your device. However, in the process of erasing texts from the messaging app, you have accidentally deleted all the crucial data from your device.
- 1 How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
- 2 Retrieve your Deleted texts messages from iPhone using a third-party app
How to Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone
So, now, you must be wondering how you can recover deleted texts from your iPhone. You should not have to worry about it now since there are a few methods available by which you can recover the deleted texts from iPhone. In this article, we have covered a few techniques by which you can restore the texts that you have deleted from the iPhone. For example, you can use iCloud backup in order to restore deleted texts.
You can breathe freely since we have also covered a few other tricks to recover deleted texts from your iPhone. We will provide you a complete guide on how to retrieve all the deleted texts from your iPhone. So, without wasting much time, let’s learn a few easy and quick solutions to recover your lost or deleted texts from iPhone.
1) How to Recover Deleted Texts using iCloud Recovery
This is one of the most preferred methods that is currently used by users who want to recover the data from the iPhone. It would be great if you have a habit to back up your data to iCloud. This way, you can recover data whenever you want. We recommend you to use iCloud backup if you are not habituated to it. It is always worthy of backing up data on iCloud. No one would want to lose all valuable data like photos, videos, texts, and a lot more. Follow the steps mentioned below to retrieve deleted texts through iCloud recovery.
- Navigate to the Settings
- At the top under your name, you will find Apple ID, iCloud, iTunes and App store; click that arrow.
- Tap on iCloud
- Scroll down until you find iCloud backup, tap on iCloud Backup
- Now, check the time of your last backup. You need to check whether the time of your backup is after you deleted the texts or before.
If you are lucky, then you would notice that the time of your last backup is before you deleted the texts that you want to recover on your iPhone. Now, you need to erase your iPhone in order to restore it again with iCloud recovery. This is one way to recover the data on your iPhone. Now, follow the steps mentioned below to proceed further.
- Go to Settings
- Tap General
- Select Reset
- Now, choose Erase All Content and Settings.
- Next up, you will see a pop up in front of you. From that pop up, you need to select Erase now. Ensure that you don’t select Backup and then Erase! If you do so, then you will lose your previously backed up data, and you will never recover the deleted texts from your iPhone.
Once you select the Erase option, your iPhone will be completely erased and it will look like a new device to you. Follow the steps mentioned below until you come to the Apps and Data page.
- From the Apps and Data page, you need to select Restore from iCloud backup.
- You need to enter your iCloud password in order to sign in to iCloud.
- Next up, you can continue with Choose backup. Here you can select the most recent backup from the list of available backups on iCloud. Make sure to choose the most recent backup since the old ones might not contain the texts that you have deleted and want to restore.
- Once your iPhone is restored, you may need to sign in to all your accounts that are associated with your device.
2) Recover Deleted Text Messages on iPhone using iTunes Backup
Don’t worry if the previously mentioned method is not helpful to you, or you find it very hard to execute. We have another method to recover deleted texts from iPhone. This method works with iTunes backup. However, the core idea is the same; just like iCloud, you must need to take backup on iTunes. As long as you regularly doing backups your iPhone via iTunes, you can recover any deleted text messages on your iPhone. This is the prior reason that we always recommend our readers to periodically back up the iPhone even if they have enabled automatic iCloud backups. Follow the steps mentioned below in order to retrieve deleted texts using iTunes backup.
It is possible that you have disabled the syncing feature of your personal computer. You may want to advance the Settings so that it would become easy for you in the future to recover deleted texts on your iPhone.
- First up, connect your iPhone to the computer using USB cable. Make sure to use the same computer that you use for regular sync, it will ease the process.
- Open iTunes (Usually it opens automatically)
- When you find your iPhone on iTunes, click Summary
- Next up, you need to select ‘Restore Backup’ in order to get back the data backed up you’re your iPhone. Here, you may require to change the backup preferences. You need to change it from iCloud to a computer. Don’t worry; you need to select this option only when you see Restore Backup option grey in colour. Moreover, you always have the option to change back the backup option from the computer to iCloud after your iPhone is restored.
- Depending upon the amount of data stored on your iPhone, the process can take a few minutes or hours. If you have synced the data with your PC after you deleted the texts messages, then this method will not work for you. Note that iTunes only saves the most recent backup which you can restore back to your iPhone.
- We believe that you haven’t done a sync with iTunes after you have deleted the texts from your iPhone. If this is the case, then you can easily retrieve deleted text messages back to your iPhone.
3) Restore deleted texts Messages from your iPhone: You can refer to your Service provider.
You may never want to take this path in which you need to contact your service provider. If you opt for this method, that means you could not recover deleted text messages by using the above-mentioned techniques. However, this is another way to recover your deleted text messages. All you need to do is contact your service provider and see if they can help you with the issue or not.
With the iPhone, you have the option where you can concern with your cellular provider and ask them to help you recover deleted texts. You must be wondering how they can help you retrieve all the deleted texts from iPhone. Here is the clue! Your service providers have the option in which they can access your device backup if it is not overwritten or updated.
You can always use a third-party app to restore deleted texts; we have also mentioned the same method in the following section. However, we suggest that our readers try and contact their service provider before using a third-party app to recover the deleted texts. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
- Contact your cellular provider.
- You need to ask them to guide you to the technical representative since there is no accurate way or department that can help you directly in the first place.
- Talk to the technical representative and mention your issue in a polite manner.
- It is possible that they may not help you, but if you describe the significance of the issue more accurately and calmly, they can try to help you recover your deleted text messages from iPhone.
Retrieve your Deleted texts messages from iPhone using a third-party app
This is the last option that you should consider to recover deleted texts from iPhone. However, this option comes last in the list as you need to use a third-party app to retrieve deleted text messages. This technique can be awkward. You can find many third-party apps available, which can help you restore deleted text messages.
However, we never want our readers to use a third-party app to retrieve the data since using a third-party app can be sketchy at times. However, if you really want to use this method as you have no other options to restore deleted text messages, you can surely use this on your own risk. The following are a few third-party apps that provide you the platform where you can recover deleted text messages. We have also provided links to such third-party apps.
1) PhoneRescue by iMobile (works for Android and iPhone)
Link: Click here
Link: Click here
Before you select a third-party app to restore deleted texts, we would like to mention a few aspects that you may need to consider. First of all, there is no guarantee while using these apps to recover deleted texts. Secondly, when you opt for a third-party app, you tend to open yourself up to the creator of such apps, and that can harm you with your private information. Thirdly, even if you download these apps from a trusted source, you need to understand that the privacy of your data is essential. Thus, you need to use these apps very cautiously.
We hope this article will help you recover deleted texts from your iPhone. If you have any queries regarding Apple and Android, you can always reach out to us.