The Fitbit Zip is the best little fitness tracker. It is an effective pedometer that helps you to keep track of your fitness goals. It is about an inch big and less than half an inch thick. It comes with a silicon case with a clip so that you can hook it to your clothes and keep it out of the way during your workday or workout. The Zip accurately keeps track of your steps, distance traveled, and calories burned. You can also sync up all this data to your smartphone.
Best place to buy a Fitbit Zip?
You can get the Zip for around 60 dollars directly from Fitbit’s website. You can also purchase at Amazon and eBay. The cheapest you can find them is for around 80 dollars. Fitbit also provides free shipping on orders over 50 dollars and a 45-day money-back guarantee. The Zip also comes with a 1-year manufacturer warranty. The Fitbit sells Fitbit Zip in one color only that is Charcoal. But you can buy the Blue, Magenta and many more colors of Fitbit Zip on Amazon and eBay.
Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker includes:
- Fitbit Zip Wireless Activity Tracker
- Battery Door Tool
- Wireless Sync Dongle
- 3V coin battery, CR2025
Fitbit Zip tracks
Zip’s display shows the following:
- Steps taken
- Calories burned
- Distance traveled
- A clock
- The Fitbit Smiley that highlights your recent activity level
Size and weight
- Height : 1.5 inches (35.6 mm)
- Width : 1.1 inches (28.9 mm)
- Depth : 0.38 inch (9.6 mm)
- Weight : 0.282 (0.018 lb., 8 grams)
Start a Fitbit Zip
- You need to remove your Zip from its packaging and then use the battery door tool to unlock the battery door.
- Then insert the tool into the slot on the back of the unit and turn the door counterclockwise to remove it.
- When the door is removed, insert the provided battery into the back of the unit with the + sign facing up.
- The battery rest in the center of the compartment.
- Once the battery is in place, align the arrow on the battery door with the unlock icon on your Zip to put the battery door in place.
- Then use the battery door tool to lock the battery door by turning it clockwise until the arrow on the door lines up with the ‘lock’ icon.
- When the display comes on, you can do the setup process.
- The device version of your Zip appears on the display followed by a series of smiley faces that are used to represent your activity level.
- The display remains on for 30 minutes after inserting the battery.
- Then take the wireless sync dongle from the box and plug it into a USB port on your computer.
- Then you can install Fitbit Connect.
The Fitbit Zip is designed to keep the basics of fitness tracking. You can get an accurate count of your steps, distance traveled, and calories burned.