It is not important how good you know the technology and even if you are a seasoned Apple user, you must know the safety and security aspects of the same. To get the backup of your device is a smart idea and pretty helpful when you want to recover some of your device’s functionality.
We know that taking a backup of data may seem a daunting task, but on the other hand, more people have been trying to find the best possible ways to back up the data.
Generally, you tend to store all your photos, messages, health data, documents, essential setups, settings and more on your iPhone and iPad. You can say that all the mentioned categories come very much in use now and then. You know how precious your data is and you would surely want to save those data, those memories as long as you can.
- 1 How to Backup iPhone to iTunes
- 2 How to backup iPhone to Computer
- 3 How to back up iPhone to computer via TouchCopy
- 4 Steps below in order to back up iPhone data to Mac using TouchCopy
- 5 Following are the features of TouchCopy Software
- 6 How to back up data using iCloud on your iPhone or iPad.
- 7 How to manually trigger an iCloud backup
- 8 How to enable iTunes backups
- 9 How to back up your iPhone or iPad manually via iTunes
How to Backup iPhone to iTunes
There are various methods to back up your iPhone. All of them are very simple and easy-going. You can take the backup of your iOS device through iCloud or by using iTunes. Of the note, we would like to suggest you that whenever you want to install new software on your iOS device, you must back up your mobile. You can even maintain the backup of your device on a regular basis like once in a month. Regular backup allows you to be less worried about your data.
After getting so many queries regarding the same issue, I come up with the best way to take a backup of your iOS device. I will be mentioning detailed guidelines for the given purpose which would help you take backup on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch. Before we move to the actual procedure, let’s understand what is backup and why it is necessary?
What is a backup?
A backup is mainly a safety precaution for your device. Generally, it includes your device settings, Home screen and app organizer, app data, iMessages and texts, ringtones, voicemails, passcode, Homekit configuration and health data. You can also back up photos and videos if you have already enabled iCloud Photo Library. Basically, backup is a snapshot of your device which is stored somewhere, but the iPhone.
FYI, you will need a third-party app to back up your music library
How to backup iPhone to Computer
There are three ways to take backup on your iOS device. You can use iCloud in order to take a backup of your data, you can use iTunes on your computer to get them back up of your data or you can use a third-party app like TouchCopy to back up your iOS device. When you try to back up your device using iCloud and iTunes, you should be aware with the fact that iCloud backups are saved in iCloud and when you opt for iTunes, your data will be stored on local computer.
- Why backup is necessary
If you use your iPhone regularly, then it is essential to backup device data. Since you will be downloading or saving more data at the end of the day which will be needed to be kept secure. Besides that, if you do not take a backup, you would be surrounded by the thoughts of losing all your important data. On the other hand, if you have backed up your data regularly, you can easily recover them in case you happen to lose the data during any future update.
How to back up iPhone to computer via TouchCopy
TouchCopy Software is a comprehensive choice when it comes to back up the iPhone to your computer. This option of backing up the device perfectly suits iPhone users who wish to have remarkable usefulness of device and an intuitive interface. This method also lets you control music, videos, photos, contact and a lot more. If you compare this method with the other two, you will find that there is less access available on the other two methods.
With TouchCopy, you will have access to work on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch data along with browsing through your mobile device on your Mac or Windows PC. Here, you have to make a simple selection of which data you want to copy from your device to Mac. TouchCopy Software can perform backups like transferring music from iPhone to your personal computer, contacts, messages and lot more.
Steps below in order to back up iPhone data to Mac using TouchCopy
- Install TouchCopy on your Mac
- Launch TouchCopy on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Plugin your iPhone to your PC via USB cable.
- Go through to your iPhone device using TouchCopy
- Now, choose the data that you want to back up on your PC
- Copy the selected data
Following are the features of TouchCopy Software
- You can store data on your personal computer
- Then you can store as much as data on your computer considering the available space on your computer
- You can select what exactly you want to transfer from your iPhone to Computer
- You will have the complete authority on each download that happens between your iPhone and Computer
- It is worthy, popular and trusted software.
How to back up data using iCloud on your iPhone or iPad.
It is the best idea to make iCloud as backup location so that you can easily recover all your data whenever you want in the future. All you need to have access to your iCloud account and a strong Wi-Fi connection/internet.
Read More – Microphone Not Working on iPhone or iPad?
It is necessary to check whether the iCloud backup is enabled on your iPhone or iPod before you start the backup process. Follow the mentioned steps below to back up your iPhone or iPad via iCloud.
- Launch Settings on your iOS device.
- Now, select your Apple ID which is provided at the top of the screen
- Tap iCloud.
- Now, tap on iCloud Backup
- Now toggle on the switch which is provided next to iCloud Backup
- Tap OK
Once you complete the process, iCloud will automatically start backing up your data every 24 hours. The backup will only get initiated only when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi connection. Mostly, iCloud performs the backup at late night.
If this is the first time that you are taking backups, then it will take a considerable amount of time. After taking your first backup, iCloud will tend to run smoother and faster.
How to manually trigger an iCloud backup
Follow the mentioned steps below to trigger an iCloud backup manually on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Settings on your iOS device
- Click on your Apple ID shown at the top of the screen.
- Select iCloud
- Now, Select iCloud Backup
- Next, tap Back Up Now.
Whenever you want to back up your data using iCloud, you must need an iCloud account. Without an iCloud account, you cannot access the backup process.
Read also=> Root Android without Computer or PC
How to enable iTunes backups
This is another option that has a completely different storing mechanism. Unlike clouds, iTunes helps you store data on your personal computer.
Follow the mentioned steps below to enable iTunes backups on your iOS device
- You need to connect your iOS device to your computer via USB cable
- Launch iTunes on your computer
- On the left side of the iTunes window, you will find a Device icon which is provided next to the category dropdown menu.
- Next, you need to choose Summary from the sidebar.
- Tap on This Computer which is placed under the Automatically Back up.
- In order to back up your passwords, health and HomeKit data, you need to tick the box for Encrypt Device Backup.
- Here, you will need to make a new password which will later get stored in Keychain
- Tap Done once you are done with the process.
How to back up your iPhone or iPad manually via iTunes
Your device will tend to back up automatically if you have already enabled iTunes backups on your device. However, you can also take backups manually. Follow the mentioned steps below to back up iPhone or iPad data manually on your computer.
- Make a connection between your iPhone or iPod to the computer via USB cable
- Launch iTunes
- Next, on the left side of the iTunes window, you need to click on the Device Icon which can be seen to the category dropdown menu.
- Choose Summary from the sidebar
- Next, you need to select Back Up Now which will be seen under Manually Back Up and Restore.
- Tap Done once you are done with the process.