Headphone Jack Not Working?
Unable to connect your headphone to your mobile phones? The problem could be in the headphone jack. Mobile Phones are best for entertainment for most people. Weather listening songs or video streaming videos everything comes handy when you have your earphones along with you. So trouble in headphone could be irritating especially when you want to listen to songs on the go.
If your headphones jack has suddenly stopped to function, we have solutions for your problem. Try the methods mentioned below, one of could probably help you in fixing your phone’s headphone jack by yourself. These methods are simple and will not cost you much.
Check for the cause
The first thing to do is to check if your headphone jack has gone wrong or is it your headphones. Double check if you have properly plugged in your headphones, if yes then check it is working on any other device. You can also try plugging a different headphone to your phone and find out who is the culprit.
If your earphones are working or your not able to hear the sound even with different earphones, the problem lies in jack. Continue reading below to solve this issue.
Clean the headphone jack
Lots of dust particles can accommodate in the headphone jack over a period of time. These dust particle can come in the way between earphones and the jack. Try to peep into the jack with one eye close to see how much dust has accommodated there.
- Now once if seen the dust it’s time to clean it up, so the simplest way to clean headphone jack is to blow out the dust. Blow into the headphone jack try these two to three times. These would at least clear some of the dust residing inside.
- Another method for cleaning jack is through compressed cane which can be found at a good electronic shop or computer shops. Now some canes come with a thin tube stick which it very convenient to use. Point the tube into the jack and press the button. Repeat this for two to three times. This process will wipe out all the dust inside.
- You can even clean the jack with the help of cotton swaps also known as Q tips. You can find these in any general store. Now remove some amount of cotton from the tip and sideways so that it can easily go inside the jack. Make sure you slight insert as you don’t want to damage the jack. Now slowly spin the cotton swab to remove excess dirt.
After you clean up jack wait for few minutes and put in your phones and check if sound could be heard or not. If not there are still few methods left continue to read.
Check to see if the smartphone is connected to a different device via Bluetooth
Do you know that if a Bluetooth device is connected to your phone audio will not be directed to the headphone jack and is heard only on the device connected to Bluetooth? This may result in an error that your headphone jack not working. In this case, you will need to check if you have mistakenly paired your phone with a Bluetooth device. Check your Bluetooth connections in your device and unpair. This process may slightly differ in different devices.
The general steps to unpair Bluetooth device are mentioned below.
- Head to setting
- Go to wireless settings
- Select Bluetooth
- Find your Bluetooth audio device
- Select your Bluetooth audio device
Plugin earphone and check, check for the other solution below.
Check audio settings and restart device
There could be multiple reasons for your headphone not functioning, one of them could be the audio check setting. To check this open the audio setting in your phone and check the volume levels also check another setting which can mute the sound in your phone. If everything seems normal try restarting your device however simple it may sound it can solve many troubleshooting problems in your phone giving it a fresh start.Just press and hold the power button, select the restart option, wait for the device to turn back on again, and then check to see if the problem still persists.
It’s time to go for the repair
Headphone jack not working still? Your headphone might be internally damaged this could be difficult to solve at home. We have given you tips and tricks which are safe to use to solve the headphone jack issue.
If you are not able to fix it with these solutions you should replace your headphone jack with a new one but this could cost you a bit. So first check with a local store and see if it has a solution for you. This can cut down your cost and will make phone usable until you plan to purchase a new one.