Activation issue in iMessage: Texting is so much fun if you chat through iMessages on your iPhones. If you were thinking that iMessage is just for sending cellular messaged you are probably wrong. iMessage is a default texting app for iPhone devices.
This tool can only be used between two iPhone users and requires an internet connection. If your message appears in a blue bubble that means it is an iMessage going from one Apple device to another.
If your text appears in the green bubble it is either because of no internet connection or the other person is not an iPhone user.
Green bubbled text is sent as an SMS through a cellular network. There are lots of cool iMessages features such as text animations and animoji and much more such slam effect that create a ripple effect on your green. User can also enjoy its 3D touch by clicking on the arrow beside the text and selecting an effect.
Before you use these super cool features in iPhone you first need to activate it. You need to activate your iMessage if your switching between phones or even sim cards.
While activating your iMessage there could much of chance that you would face an activation error on your phone. There could be many types of error for iMessages such as waiting for activation, Activation unsuccessful, could not sign in, please check your network connection etc.
- 1 Solutions To Fix iMessage Waiting For Activation
- 1.1 Check Network Connection
- 1.2 Set Date & Time
- 1.3 Turn off iMessage and Turn Back on
- 1.4 Check if your Number is Set to Send & Receive Message
- 1.5 Contact Your Carrier
- 1.6 Try Airplane Mode
- 1.7 Sign out Apple ID and then Sign in Again
- 1.8 Force Restart Your Device
- 1.9 Update iOS on your iPhone
- 1.10 Reset All Settings
Solutions To Fix iMessage Waiting For Activation
The most common error faced by most of iPhone user is iMesaage waiting for activation. If you are one of them, you have come to the right place. This article will resolve errors during iMessage activation. So let’s start fixing the problem!
Check Network Connection
The first thing to do when you face iMessage activation error is to check the Internet connection. Make sure your iPhone is connected to your cellular network or wifi if it’s not than fix imessage activation would not be connected to Apple’s server and your activation process would not start.
If you are facing connection issue try resetting your network connection. Follow these steps to reset your network setting.
- Open setting
- Go to General
- Reset Network setting
- Enter the pass code and confirm
After you reset your network setting check your internet connection and see if iMessage waiting for activation error is still visible or not. If fix imessage activation is still not activated check out the below tips for fixing this issue.
Set Date & Time
If your phone’s internet connection is perfectly fine the next thing to do is check for date and time. Set automatically date and time option on your device, follow below steps to set. Also, make sure that the time zone is correct.
- Go to setting
- Date & Time
- Switch on the Set Automatically button
Turn off iMessage and Turn Back on
This is a simple trick that has worked for many users. You first have to switch off the iMessage toggle and switch it on again. To do this follow the below procedure.
- Go to Settings
- Select Messaging icon
- Now go to iMessage switch off and turn it on again.
Check if your Number is Set to Send & Receive Message
This case occurs mostly when you are configuring a new device or setting it up after factory reset. Check whether you have updated your phone and email address properly or not.
- Go to setting
- Click on the message icon
- Go to send and receive
- Check your email address and phone number.
Contact Your Carrier
There might be a chance that your phone carrier does not support iMessage. In this case, you should contact your carrier so that they can help you resolve the iMessage activation issue.
- First, check whether your carrier supports iMessage or not.
- There might be a limited condition with the carrier so check for that.
- Check iMessage have any blocks or if there is any kind of filter to messages.
Try Airplane Mode
This trick may seem silly to you, but it is a useful one. Many times the activation issue is resolved by turning on and off the airplane mode. Here is how you can resolve iMessage activation error through the airplane mode.
- Go to Settings and select Messages
- Turn off your iMessage first
- Turn on your airplane mode, your internet connection will disconnect. Wait for a few seconds.
- Now turn off the airplane mode and switch on the iMessage toggle.
Sign out Apple ID and then Sign in Again
Another trick for activating iMessage on desktop is to sign off your account and sign in back with the same apple ID. This will fix minor issues and will remove iMessage activation error.
- Head to Setting
- Go to Messages
- Go to Send & Receive
- Sign Out
- Tap on Apple ID for iMessage’ and enter the ID to sign in back.
Force Restart Your Device
A force restart option lets you clear off iPhone’s RAM that gets fragmented over a period of time. This way you can resolve small issues you face on your device.
Now there are different ways to Force Restart your device depending on the iPhone model. We have specified ways to force restart iPhone for iPhone models from iPhone 5S to iPhone-X Complete guide.
iPhone X and later, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus
- Press and quickly release the volume up button.
- Press and release the volume down button.
- Hold the power button of your device until you see the Apple logo.
iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus
- Press and hold the volume down button and the Sleep/Wake button for a minimum of 10 seconds.
- You can release the button when the Apple logo is seen.
iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, iPhone SE, or iPhone 5s
- Press and hold the Home button and sleep-wake button together for at least ten seconds.
- When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
Update iOS on your iPhone
Updating your device to the latest version of iOS is a preferable way to deal with this kind of error. If you’re device some version old update it with the latest version.
To update your iOS device you might need a wifi connection. Before you start with the update make sure your phone is at least 50% charged.
- Head from Settings
- Go to General category
- Click on Software Update to update your device to the latest version.
Reset All Settings
There could be a chance that the activation issue is particularly on your device. So in such scenarios, you might need to reset all settings of your device.
Start fresh by removing all the content and setting up your device from iCloud backup. This can not only resolve your activation error but can only fix many issues you face here and then. Follow the below procedure to reset your device.
- Head to Settings
- Select General Category
- Click on Reset
- Reset All Content and Settings.
I hope you find this article useful and resolve your iMessage activation issue. Do let us know which one worked for you. Share your views if you have any other tricks to resolve such a phone problem in the comment section below. If your problem is not yet solved contact Apple support to resolve this issue.