Ever wondered if there are plenty of Fitness tracking wearable devices available in the market. They can work with your Apple Health app on your iPhone device? If so, then you need to read this blog where we have got all your answers. All third party wearable devices come along with their own applications for iPhones and Android phones as well. You can very well synchronize devices like Fitbit and others to your Apple Health application and keep track of all your health data. Synching Fitbit or any other tracker device makes it easy for you to keep all the information in one place, on your iPhone.
- 1 Connect Your Fitness Tracker to the Apple Health App
- 1.1 Why use Apple Health app when we have all other applications options?
- 1.2 Fitbit fitness tracker
- 1.3 How to sync Fitbit fitness tracker with the Apple Health app
- 1.4 Here are the steps:
- 188.8.131.52.1 Open the Apple Health app and select Health Data from the bottom menu bar.
- 184.108.40.206.2 Tap on the Activity Option.
- 220.127.116.11.3 Select Steps in Activity.
- 18.104.22.168.4 Tap on the Data Sources and Access option as the next step.
- 22.214.171.124.5 Select the Edit option.
- 126.96.36.199.6 Tap and hold on the three horizontal lines to drag Sync Solver option at the top of the list.
- 1.5 Sync Misfit with Apple Health app
- 1.6 How to synch Withings devices with the Apple Health App
- 1.7 How to synchronize Polar band, Garmin or any other device data to your Apple Health app
Connect Your Fitness Tracker to the Apple Health App
Explaining further, you can integrate all fitness accessories and tracker devices to your Apple Health application and measure all the logged information of blood pressure, nutrition information, medical records and etc. Fitness trackers nowadays measure everything from the weight of the body to blood pressure, sleeping pattern, all the activities like running, walking, cycling and other exercise, it does makes sense connecting your tracker devices like Fitbit, Polar band, Garmin, Withings, Misfit and etc. to you Apple Health application. Integrating the tracker devices on your iPhone does require support of third party applications.
In this article, we go through the step by step procedure of synching the Fitbit band to your Apple Health application. Technically, Fitbit does not work with Apple Health application directly, and therefore, we need to find a way to sync the data from the Fitbit band to the Apple Health app. Similarly, other devices like Misfit, Polar band, Withings, Garmin and etc. can be synchronized with the Apple Health application in a similar manner.
Why use Apple Health app when we have all other applications options?
In the earlier days, it all started with the pedometers that could be clipped on waistband. It was used to count the steps for a day. Today we have wearable devices or fitness monitors that does everything from counting steps, track sleep, tracking chore activities, track sleep. Smartphones these days are also able to do the same, in fact, smartphones allow more features than tracking devices. Health monitoring includes tracking activities and data like blood pressure, temperature measuring using thermometers and other scales.
The Apple Health application allows tracking everything and give an ease of access to the reports without any extra efforts. You do not need to login to any other device or application, just check your Apple Health app and see whatever you want to, doesn’t matter if it’s device data, or any number of Fitness trackers’ data. These reports can also be exported to actual reports for consulting with doctors or physicians.
Fitbit fitness tracker
Apple Health application allows connection with nearly all of the Fitness tracking devices. If a person is using an iPhone 5s or later, the phone itself acts as a fitness tracker tracking all the activities from steps counting, sleep pattern, routine activities using motion sensors and coprocessors. Any Fitness Tracking device you want to use comes with it’s own SDK based application that can be downloaded from the Apple App Store. You can simply install the application and sync with the Apple Health app.
On the other hand, Fitbit is quite exceptional case and need a third party work around for synchronizing with the Apple Health app.
How to sync Fitbit fitness tracker with the Apple Health app
Fitbit does not allow direct synchronize with Apple Health app will not allow in the future as well according to the company’s statement. Because of the customers’ requests, Fitbit has come out of a solution to sync with Apple Health app via a third party app support.
Thus, third party application developers have seized the opportunity of creating similar applications that are publicly available on the App Store and allows synching Fitbit device data to the Apple Health app. One of the best applications is Sync Solver for Fitbit. This application costs $4.99. This is one of the best applications available on the App Store that allows Fitbit users to synch their data with Apple Health app.
Let’s take a look at synching the Fitbit data using Synch Solver for Fitbit app.
- You need to install the Synch Solver application from App Store firstly on your device.
- Open the Synch solver application, and tap on the ‘Synch Now’ option.
- Confirming the pop-up message, you can allow the Solver application to continue the process.
- Next your Health App will open, and you need to turn on all the categories using the toggle button.
- As a next step, the application will redirect you to the web page of Fitbit, where you can login to your account and open Fitbit panel.
- Synch Solver application then asks permission of synching data from Fitbit web panel, you need to allow it.
- iPhone prompts to open the Sync Solver application, you can continue and open the Sync Solver app.
- It starts synchronizing the Fitbit data with the Sync Solver application.
- Anytime you want to sync the data from Fitbit to update your Apple Health app, you can return to the Solver app and synchronize it.
There is a problem with Sync Solver application. The synchronized data is duplicated by the iPhone and developers have also provided a solution avoiding data being duplicated.
Here are the steps:
Tap on the Activity Option.
Select Steps in Activity.
Tap on the Data Sources and Access option as the next step.
Select the Edit option.
Tap and hold on the three horizontal lines to drag Sync Solver option at the top of the list.
Placing the Sync Solver application at the top of the list tells the Apple Health application that this option needs to be the primary option for synchronizing the data compared to the other sources. Therefore, anything that has been synchronized using Solver application will not be synchronized from the other sources. However, you need to make it sure that the same data type is not repeated from any of the other sources.
For the other Fitness Tracking devices, this process is straightforward. Let’s see how you can sync Misfit data with the Apple Health application.
Sync Misfit with Apple Health app
Similar to Fitbit, Misfit wearable required a third party application to sync data to the Apple Health app in its earlier days. Later on, Misfit created their own application to sync data to Apple Health app. This application is available on the App Store and completely free for users. Misfit is also one of the top sources for Health App. Let’s take a look on how to sync the Misfit data to the Apple Health App below:
- You need to install the Misfit application from App Store and create an account for the first time. Login to the Misfit account.
- As a second step, you need to open Health Sync and synchronize the Misfit device with the Misfit application. Once you are in the Misfit account, you can grant access to the Misfit app for synchronizing the data with the Health app. There are a lot of options available for synchronizing the data, and you can select everything you like to synchronize using the toggle button.
- This is a simple process you can do for synchronizing the data to the Health App unlike the Fitbit process.
However, you again need to keep in mind that Health data could be duplicated on the Health App because of the multiple sources. You can open Apple Health app in the case tap on Misfit option to hold and drag to the top of the list making it a primary source for data.
How to synch Withings devices with the Apple Health App
Withings is also one of the other options that might suit you for Apple Health data. Withings also has its own application that you can download from the App Store for free. Here are the steps listed below.
- Install the Withings application from App Store and create an account.
- Login to the account.
- The Withings application has more features in their application and therefore, you can’t find direct synchronizing the data to the Health App.
- You need to go to the side menu drawer and tap on the settings at the bottom of the side menu bar.
- Settings will open you account settings page. You can tap on your name registered with the Withings app.
- On tapping this option, you will be able to see your profile and synchronizing settings.
- There is a toggle button in the page that allows you synchronizing the data to the Health application.
- The Health application will ask you permission for grating to the Misfit application for data sync.
- You can simply Allow in the Health app. However, you can turn the sync settings anytime you want to.
How to synchronize Polar band, Garmin or any other device data to your Apple Health app
Generally any Fitness tracking device comes along with its mobile application that can be downloaded from the App Store and Google Play Store. You can download and install the application on your device. If you’re using the application for the first time, you need to create your account first. Once account is created, you can login to the application.
The smart way to synchronize your device data to the Apple Health app is to check the settings section of the application. If sync with Health app option is unavailable in the settings page, you can search the profile section of the application.
All these tracking devices own applications do have sync to Apple Health option in either of the above two. Settings page or profile page. Since the applications keeps on updating and designs might also change, you just need to focus on finding the sync option. It is though not hard to find regardless whatsoever the tracking devices and applications are you using. You can simply find and tap on sync option to sync the data.
However, you also need to give Health app permissions of data sync and turn it on. Secondly, to avoid data duplication, you can drag and drop your source at the top of the list.
Now, you are unable to find the sync option in the application. You can go the iPhone or iPad settings page and check the privacy sections. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Open iPhone or iPad settings page.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Select Health from the list.
- You can select any of the applications from the list. You would want to give permission to sync with the Health App.
Hope you find this blog useful for using Apple Find My iPhone application with Family Sharing. If you have any query relating iPhone and Android features ask now, we will surely get back to you. For some more helpful blogs, enjoy reading our interesting blogs on your favorite topics.
Read More :
What is Scam Likely & How do you block calls from them?
How to Take Screenshot on iPhone 7/ 7 plus
Facebook Not Loading on iPhone? Smart Tips to Fix It
How to Transfer Data from your Old iPhone to your new iPhone