Apple iBook app enables users to read books anywhere anytime conveniently. It also allows you to easily access your favorite books, audiobooks, and PDFs on any of the iDevices with your same one account with the help of iCloud. You can also sync bookmarks and notes in iBooks to your iOS devices. Then you can download the latest best-selling books or your favorite classics from iBooks as it includes the iBooks Store. You can browse your library on the bookshelf by clicking a book to open it. Then swipe to flip through pages or a click and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages.
iBooks is essential for any iOS device. It is necessary that you use the same Apple ID on all of your devices. If you buy the books from Books Store, it is automatically available in the Books app on all of your devices. If you buy the audiobooks from the Books Store or iTunes Store, it automatically available in iTunes on a Mac that runs iTunes 12.4 or later and the Books app on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch runs iOS 9 and later. You can also manually sync audiobooks from the iTunes Store with the help of USB and iTunes.
- 1 Sync iBooks Between iPhone or iPad and Mac:
- 1.1 Use iCloud Drive to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone
- 1.2 Sync iBooks between devices with AirDrop
- 1.3 Sync iBooks from Mac to iPad through iBooks Settings
- 1.4 Sync iBooks between Mac and iPhone or iPad with iTunes
- 1.5 Sync iBooks PDF between Devices
Sync iBooks Between iPhone or iPad and Mac:
- Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Then scroll down and click on Books.
- Then you need to ensure that iCloud Drive toggle on.
- Follow the given below steps to sync books on Your Mac:
- You need to go to Books on your Mac.
- Then choose the Books menu and then tap on Preferences.
- You need to ensure to choose the General tab if it is not selected already.
- Then check the box to Sync bookmarks, highlights, and collections on all devices.
Use iCloud Drive to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone
You can keep your books synced on all your devices with the help of iCloud Drive. Follow the given below steps to sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone or from iPhone to iPad:
- First of all, you need to Sign in to your iPhone and iPad with the same Apple ID.
- Then open the Settings App on your iPhone and iPad.
- Then select your name and then iCloud.
- You need to turn on iCloud Drive and check that the iBooks enables.Read Also: How to export iBooks from iPhone iPad to computer
Sync iBooks between devices with AirDrop
AirDrop is just a type of Bluetooth that allows you to transfer all kinds of iOS data between iDevices. You can turn to AirDrop if there is a requirement of syncing iBooks between devices. Then you can share iBooks PDF and other ebook files from iPhone to iPad, Mac to iPhone, iPhone to Mac, and iPhone to Apple TV easily. You need to follow the given below instructions to sync iBooks between devices with AirDrop.
- Follow the given below steps to sync iBooks from iPhone to iPad:
- First of all, you need to turn on your iPhone and go to the Settings app.
- Then enable Wi-Fi and Bluetooth features.
- And then slide your finger from the bottom of the screen to open the Control Center.
- Then turn on AirDrop to Everyone or Contacts Only on the basis of your requirement.
- And then go to the iBooks app and select the ebooks that you need to sync.
- Then click the Share icon and select the Print option.
- Now click Share on the top-right and then click AirDrop to choose the target device.
- You need to turn to the target device and click the Save to sync iBooks between iPhone and iPad.
- Follow the given below steps to sync iBooks from Mac to iPhone or iPad:
- You can use AirDrop to transfer the books that are gathered on your Mac from Mac to your iOS devices such as iPhone or iPad.
- You need to turn on the AirDrop feature on both Mac and iOS devices.
- Then open the Finder and then select the AirDrop. You ensure that you are able to use it.
- Then turn on AirDrop function on iPhone or iPad. Then you can view it on Mac. You need to select your iOS device as the receiving device.
- Then you need to find the PDF iBooks or other books. Then drag them to the AirDrop window on Mac.
- You can sync iBooks between devices with this simple and easy method and these transferred books automatically sync to the iBooks app.
Sync iBooks from Mac to iPad through iBooks Settings
You can freely sync data and files among iOS devices and Mac computers automatically under a Wi-Fi connection because Apple has built an auto-sync system. This system also works for iBooks. You can resolve the issue of syncing iBooks from Mac to iPad with some basic iBooks settings on iPad and Mac computer. Follow the given below steps:
- You need to go to the Settings on your iPad and then click iBooks.
- To enable iBooks sync on iPad, you need to turn on Sync Bookmarks and Notes and Sync Collections options.
- Then go to the iBooks app on the Mac computer.
- Then open the Preferences from the menu and tap on the General.
- You need to check Sync bookmarks, highlights, and collections on all iDevices.
Sync iBooks between Mac and iPhone or iPad with iTunes
iTunes is the default iOS data management tool that assists you to transfer numerous files between Mac and iOS devices. You can also sync iBooks between devices with iTunes. iTunes enables you to sync books from iBooks to iPad and also sync books in other formats such as PDF or ePub in iTunes to iPad. Follow the given below steps to sync iBooks from Mac to iPad with iTunes:
- You need to connect iPad to Mac computer and then open iTunes on your Mac computer.
- Then you ensure that iBooks installed on your iPad.
- And Then tap the iPad icon on iTunes.
- Then go to the Summary and the tap Books.
- You need to check the Sync Books option.
- Then select whether to sync all books or only selected books.
- When you select what to sync, tap the Apply button at the bottom right corner to start syncing iBooks from Mac to iPad within iTunes.
- Then the books sync from Mac iTunes appears on iBooks on your iPad.
- Then you can freely read the books within iBooks on the iPad.
Sync iBooks PDF between Devices
Your devices automatically sync with each other if you have an Apple ID. Sometimes your devices are not able to sync properly with each other, then follow the given below steps to sync iBooks to your Apple devices:
Sync PDF on iPhone:
- You need to ensure that your iBooks sync is ON.
- If you want to sync iBooks on Apple devices, you need to open the Settings then click iBooks and confirm whether it is ON or not.
- You also need to turn on the option Sync Bookmarks and Notes and Sync Collections so your activities also sync.
Check the Sync Preferences on Mac:
- If you want to sync iBooks on Mac, you need to go to the iBooks application on Mac.
- Then tap on Preferences from the menu.
- And then tap on General in Preferences.
- You need to check the box Sync Bookmarks, Highlights, and Collection.
Sync PDF iBooks on Mac:
- If you want to sync PDF or books on your Mac computer, you need to tap on the File option in the iBooks app.
- Then tap on Move Files from iTunes.
- This syncs your downloaded books from iTunes with iBooks.
Apple iBook app enables you to access your favorite books, audiobooks, and PDFs on any iDevice with the same account. You can easily sync iBooks to all your iOS devices from the above-mentioned methods.
How To Transfer Text Messages From Android to iPhone XS/XR/X/8/7
How to fix an iPad is disabled after entering the wrong passcode?
How to Quickly find Apple TV aerial screensaver locations
Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone 6/7/8/X/XS/XR/XR