Apple ID password is very useful which provides extra privacy in daily lives by preventing others to easily access the device without your permission. Sometimes, if you forget an ID password of your iPad then you may also not use other devices that are connected with the same ID password because Apple uses a common ID password across all its devices such as iPhone, iPad, etc.
- 1 Best Solutions to Reset iPad without Apple ID Password:
- 1.1 How to reset the iPad without Apple ID by using iTunes
- 1.2 How to reset iPad without Apple ID through iOS data eraser
- 184.108.40.206.1 You need to download and install iOS Data Eraser on your computer whether it can be a PC or a Mac and after that open the program once the installation was done.
- 220.127.116.11.2 Once you opened the program, there are a couple of options displayed on the main screen then select the Erase All Data option.
- 2 How to reset iPad without Apple ID password:
Best Solutions to Reset iPad without Apple ID Password:
You may be looking for the alternatives to perform an Apple password reset or maybe you chose to reset Apple ID. If you forgot both and want to reset an Apple password and an Apple ID or if you need to reset it with the phone itself or with iCloud, you have to choose the right Apple ID and password so that if you forgot your Apple ID password then you can have alternative ways to get it fixed. So here are some ways and tips to reset iPad without Apple ID password:
How to reset the iPad without Apple ID by using iTunes
It is important to sync your iPad data to iTunes because if not then you will lose all data and settings on your iPad. Therefore, it is very necessary to back up your data to iTunes or iCloud regularly. Follow the below steps if you need to reset an iPad with iTunes:
You need to update iTunes to the latest version on your PC or Mac but do not plug your iPad to the computer now.
Then set your iPad into recovery mode.
At the home screen, keep pressing and holding the top button to show the power off slider, turn off your iPad then use Apple lightning cable to connect iPad to computer at the same time holding the home button and keep holding until you see the option of Connect to iTunes.
- Then you must choose to restore when you will receive a pop-up asking Restore or Update.
How to reset iPad without Apple ID through iOS data eraser
This is another way to reset the iPad without Apple ID and the app is called iOS Data Eraser. This method is easy for users who are familiar with iTunes and it is a very simple and effective method. Follow the below steps to reset iPad without Apple ID through iOS data eraser:
You need to download and install iOS Data Eraser on your computer whether it can be a PC or a Mac and after that open the program once the installation was done.
Once you opened the program, there are a couple of options displayed on the main screen then select the Erase All Data option.
- After that, select delete to confirm and click on Erase Now option. The whole device will be totally cleaned in a couple of minutes. All your private data on the phone will be erased forever and click the start button for resetting your iPad.
Therefore, it is necessary to back up all data to iTunes or iCloud regularly.
How to reset iPad without Apple ID password:
If you forgot the Apple ID password and not able to reset the iPad. Then you can fix this issue by resetting the Apple ID password by following below steps:
You need to go to iforgot.apple.com through your browser.
Then type your Apple ID account in the Enter your Apple ID option.
- After that select the My Password option and click on the option Next to go to the next page.
- Here you will have two options that are Get an email and Answer security questions.
- You can reset the Apple ID password through security questions or you can get the password reset link in your recovery email.
- When you reset your iPad, you have to input your Apple ID and reset password to factory reset iPad directly.
How to reset iPad without Apple ID password when Find My iPhone is off
If you want to reset your iPad without entering your Apple ID when your ‘Find My iPhone‘ feature is also turned off then you can reset your iPad by entering the Recovery mode that allows you to completely reset your iPad without the Apple ID. Follow the below steps:
- You should back up your iPad because the Recovery mode would wipe away all your data and reset the iPad.
- When you have entered Recovery Mode, iTunes will send you a pop-up message notifying you that you are in Recovery Mode.
- Then on iTunes, you need to go to the Summary panel and then click on Restore iPad.
- Then click on Restore when you receive the next pop-up message.
The above-mentioned ways and tips are very helpful to reset the iPad without the Apple ID password. It is better not to select a complex password and always best to write down Apple ID. Then Password in a safe place which you can find easily if you forgot that. It is also very important to enable “Find my iPhone” on your iPad. And it is most important that you must make a backup of your iPad with iCloud.